By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "2015 is a HUGE year for Rare", says Robin Beanland

The last Rare game I thought was any good was Conker, 14 years ago.
The people who made it such an incredible studio 1994-2001 are long gone.

Around the Network

Are Nintendo buying them back?!

I would love a Kameo 2 reveal, with the first game included so that all the new fans can experience this amazing game :).

The previous Banjo games weren't anything that special, and had slow, slippery and floaty controls, I don't think that they can screw up that hard if they make a new one.

I'm now filled with determination.

if there's a decent xbone redesign so that it doesn't look like a colossal glossy brick and rare makes something worthwhile (viva piñata, ok?) i may end up getting one. i usually need three exclusives before i'll get a console. so far: (1) killer instinct, (2) sunset overdrive, (3) ...???

Around the Network
DarkRPGamer007 said:
"If Wii Music wasn't bad enough, XBOX Music will be releasing next year developed by Rare."

You know Xbox Music is already a thing right?

jlmurph2 said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
"If Wii Music wasn't bad enough, XBOX Music will be releasing next year developed by Rare."

yup, that thing nobody used when it was called the zune marketplace so microsoft tried to rename it xbox coz maybe that'll fix it! (and nobody uses it.)

jetforcejiminy said:
jlmurph2 said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

yup, that thing nobody used when it was called the zune marketplace so microsoft tried to rename it xbox coz maybe that'll fix it! (and nobody uses it.)

Actually Zune Marketplace was movies and tv shows too. Many people used it. Microsoft changed the name because the Zune was dead.

It is almost certain it is a new Banjo game. But it will probably be just a $20 downloadable game. If it were to sell at retail price, it would probably bomb harder than Sunset Overdrive, there is just no more audience for that sort of game on XBox.
It doesn't help that Rare is now just a name, filled by random staffers goingvthrough motions to collect a paycheck.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Burek said:
It is almost certain it is a new Banjo game. But it will probably be just a $20 downloadable game. If it were to sell at retail price, it would probably bomb harder than Sunset Overdrive, there is just no more audience for that sort of game on XBox.
It doesn't help that Rare is now just a name, filled by random staffers goingvthrough motions to collect a paycheck.

this is true but unfortunate. it seems there's no audience for anything other than shallow first/third-person open-world action games, open-world action rpgs and shooters. and the yearly forza, i guess, tho even that isn't exactly tearing up the charts. horizon 2 has yet to hit 1m i think (hyrule warriors, the nichest of niche titles, is even outselling it).

that leaves rhythm/dance/music (fantasia?), fighting, racing, platform (puzzle, action and straight), strategy, puzzle (platform and straight), etc. etc. for indies to cover. and id@xbox is reviled by most indies for its most-preferred-nation requirements for titles to be released on xbox first or not at all. it's a far cry from xbla, that's for sure (pun intended).