By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Nintendo HW to increase or decrease on current gen sales?

increase or decrease for next generation ninty HW?

increase 203 66.78%

decrease 64 21.05%

results 37 12.17%

Total:304
st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:
I said the next consoles would die better in terms of hardware sales due to Nintendo gaining a little bit of respect this gen. Even the avid Nintendo hater has to admit Nintendo is going the right direction in supporting more mature rated titles, while still creating amazing quality first party titles. The only real flaws in gamers eyes is the lack of third party and the consoles actual power. Both could be eliminated if they make their next console with similar architecture as the ps4/bone. Then they just need a very good demonstration of its power in typical legend of Zelda tech demo fashion.

Are they? I can't think of any Nintendo-published M-rated Wii U game other than Bayonetta, and that Fatal Frame which might not even come to the US.

Devil's Third and even if Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem isn't you can bet it isn't rated E. Can you name one game Nintendo is publishing (no 1st party titles) that is rated E? I can't

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, it depends on how Nintendo wants to do it... Like, if they once again, launch with a gimmick like how 3d was + over price it during launch + have it under-powered due to the gimmick, then I can see it be a decline but if they do it well, I can see an increase in sales cause most likely, Sony isn't going to make a successor to their handheld after the vita's low sales imo. So the Japanese third party might come to Nintendo's next handheld platform if Nintendo plays their cards right

And same goes for Nintendo's next home console. If they play their cards right, it will be an increase but if they focus on a gimmick that doesn't justify purchasing the console in the eyes of most consumers, then it will either decline or stay about the same as the wiiU

And if its a fusion nonsense, then I say it will sell less than both 3ds + wiiU combined

In agree with you that Sony are done after the vita but why don't you think ninty will be done with a home console? If the next Wii fails badly I see them going mobile only.  I'm very pessimistic for the next Wii as it comes out when the ps4 and x1 will be hitting their stride. Ps4 will have a big lead which I think means x1 will be below 250$ come next Wii release and ps4 will be 300$ max. I just can't seesaw they can make a home console relevant.  

Well, you just look at the support between the two and its pretty easy to see who has given up in what section... Like, Sony is hardly even supporting the vita so its pretty clear that they don't even want to bother in the handheld market anymore but Nintendo is giving the wiiU their full support so it certainly doesn't look like they want to give up like how Sony is doing with the Vita. On top of that, Nintendo is a gaming only Company so them going out of the console business would = less sources of income vs Sony has many other divisions that can easily replace the Vita

And I am pretty sure the wiiU will be profitable for Nintendo so its not all bad

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Kerotan said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, it depends on how Nintendo wants to do it... Like, if they once again, launch with a gimmick like how 3d was + over price it during launch + have it under-powered due to the gimmick, then I can see it be a decline but if they do it well, I can see an increase in sales cause most likely, Sony isn't going to make a successor to their handheld after the vita's low sales imo. So the Japanese third party might come to Nintendo's next handheld platform if Nintendo plays their cards right

And same goes for Nintendo's next home console. If they play their cards right, it will be an increase but if they focus on a gimmick that doesn't justify purchasing the console in the eyes of most consumers, then it will either decline or stay about the same as the wiiU

And if its a fusion nonsense, then I say it will sell less than both 3ds + wiiU combined

In agree with you that Sony are done after the vita but why don't you think ninty will be done with a home console? If the next Wii fails badly I see them going mobile only.  I'm very pessimistic for the next Wii as it comes out when the ps4 and x1 will be hitting their stride. Ps4 will have a big lead which I think means x1 will be below 250$ come next Wii release and ps4 will be 300$ max. I just can't seesaw they can make a home console relevant.  

Mobile gaming is a much smaller piece of Sony's business than console gaming is to Nintendo's.  It carries less importance to their overall existence.

It depends. Home console will be higher, but if handheld is its own thing, I can see it being slightly lower. If they're combined, I think it will be much higher than Wii U & 3DS combined. Maybe around GameBoy or GBA if they execute it well. There are so many factors to consider.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

bigtakilla said:
st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:
I said the next consoles would die better in terms of hardware sales due to Nintendo gaining a little bit of respect this gen. Even the avid Nintendo hater has to admit Nintendo is going the right direction in supporting more mature rated titles, while still creating amazing quality first party titles. The only real flaws in gamers eyes is the lack of third party and the consoles actual power. Both could be eliminated if they make their next console with similar architecture as the ps4/bone. Then they just need a very good demonstration of its power in typical legend of Zelda tech demo fashion.

Are they? I can't think of any Nintendo-published M-rated Wii U game other than Bayonetta, and that Fatal Frame which might not even come to the US.

Devil's Third and even if Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem isn't you can bet it isn't rated E. Can you name one game Nintendo is publishing (no 1st party titles) that is rated E? I can't

Haven't been keeping up with all the upcoming Wii U games, but just off the top of my head: Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon, Mario Party 10, Mario Maker and possibly Star Fox (don't know what the previous games were rated).

EDIT: Oh, publishing? I haven't been keeping up, but what does it matter if they're publishing or developing it?

Around the Network
st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:
st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:

Haven't been keeping up with all the upcoming Wii U games, but just off the top of my head: Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon, Mario Party 10, Mario Maker and possibly Star Fox (don't know what the previous games were rated).

So, you name first party titles, lol. Reread what I wrote and try again. Nintendo is going to make Nintendo games (obviously).

st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:
st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:

EDIT: Oh, publishing? I haven't been keeping up, but what does it matter if they're publishing or developing it?

He said supporting Mature rated titles, publishing is part of supporting

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Increase for Nintendo HD, decrease (Just like all other future handheld launches) for the 3DS. These are very different consoles so I don't know why we are grouping them together...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I honesty think the dedicated handheld market is back to pre-DS ~75-85mil in size now that the neighboring mobile demographic jumped ship. Given this gen it's divided and next gen it will be just Nintendo, the HDS or whatever it is will be up, probably a good bit.

I think the next Nintendo home console will be up but it's the wild card.

zorg1000 said:
st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:
st0pnsw0p said:
bigtakilla said:

He said supporting Mature rated titles, publishing is part of supporting

I'm aware, but why ask only for non-1st parties?