By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo universe game, what would you like to see.

I think the next logical step for Nintendo is to create a fully fledged Skylanders type game for its popular Amiibo figurines. If that was to happen, what would you like to see? what story or setting should it have? what other characters should be Amiibo-ized? lets here your suggestions.

Around the Network

I would like to see a platformer where you can play as whatever Amiibo you have.

Maybe something like Nintendoland but with amiibos and more fleshed out games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Does that mean each character gets their own segment? rather than have all the characters intergrated. I imagine that would prompt more people to buy multiple Amiibos.

Pokemon Amiibo and Animal Crossing Amiibo, that would be a boom for WiiU sales.

Around the Network
zippy said:

Does that mean each character gets their own segment? rather than have all the characters intergrated. I imagine that would prompt more people to buy multiple Amiibos.

Well, I was thinking that the game itself would be "Free to play" and buying blah amiibo would unlock the game "franchise" and for the amiibos that no one cares about such as wii fit trainer, those can be "wildcards" that let u choose whatever franchise u want to play

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

zippy said:

Well, I was thinking that the game itself would be "Free to play" and buying blah amiibo would unlock the game "franchise" and for the amiibos that no one cares about such as wii fit trainer, those can be "wildcards" that let u choose whatever franchise u want to play

Kerchiiing, im sending Iwata a copy of your CV :)

Something that doesn't require me to be creative and build my own worlds and games, like Disney Infinity or Minecraft.

Maybe a more complex and better and exciting Subspace Emissary-type-adventure? It doesn;t have to be Smash-fighter. Could be adventure, rpg, platformer...or a little of everything! With most main worlds already there, like DK, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon ect, but some playable characters need to be unlocked by amiibo.

2 amiibo of same franchise like Zelda, would unlock aditional features inside the Zelda world. And every amiibo can be playable..........if you get every amiibo.

I was thinking about this and I really hope that they come through with one next year. Some thoughts:

- "Nintendo Universe" or something similar would be a good title. Could be positioned essentially as a follow-up to Nintendo Land - instead of multiple minigames based on different franchises, multiple characters / locations based on different franchises, unlocked through Amiibos. Instead of being a showcase for Gamepad second screen and motion features, it's a showcase for the Amiibo functionality.

- A 3DS version / similar game ("Nintendo World"?) / some sort of connectivity between 3DS and Wii U Amiibo game. Amiibo 3DS compatibility is great, New 3DS will be compatible with them and I hear they will release some sort of adapter. But are they just going to sell the adapter separately, with no obvious game to link them to? Releasing them with Super Smash Bros U as the main function with a few bonuses in other games was all right, but are they really going to release an adapter for the 3DS with the main purpose to use them as an NPC in a game released last year? They should really have a banner game to release alongside the adapter and possibly New 3DS in the West.

- I don't know what sort of gameplay these Skylanders or Disney Infinity, but I was thinking that there was no Subspace Emissary in SSB... I did enjoy it in Brawl but I understand them leaving it out of the new one as it doesn't really add to the core of what Smash is all about, so not the best use of resources for the game. And the Subspace Emissary itself didn't really gain that much from being stuck with Super Smash Bros mechanics, which are designed for fighting. Something similar to Subspace Emissary would be good.#

- The game may not even need an Amiibo to play. Wait what? Perhaps if you don't have an Amiibo (although an Amiibo would surely be bundled with it most of the time anyway) but perhaps you could play as a Mii if you don't connect an Amiibo.

- New Amiibos would be released with it but it would also be compatible with the Super Smash Bros series. An Amiibo would let you play as that character, but also unlock new levels / worlds. Not one for each character. Maybe Zelda / Fire Emblem characters unlock a Hyrule-esque medieval world, Mario Characters the Mushroom Kingdom, Samus/Fox/Captain Falcon a sci-fi type world, Pokemon a Pokemon one... With base / neutral sections available with any character (or just using Miis). 

Released next fall, cheap or free for just the base game, alongside 3DS Amiibo adapter (and possible New 3DS West if they take that long / do not have anything strong to release with it earlier). Your welcome Nintendo :p

A free to play MOBA.

I mean, I'd never touch it because I have no intrest in buying toys, but that would be the smartest move.