By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Halo 5 beta

kinisking said:
Mythmaker1 said:
kinisking said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Bass_salts said:
Why they do performance tests on betas is beyond me. That make no sense. They do not represent the final product and really only serve to provide more ammunition for fanboys. But hey, as long as they get clicks.

Because while a beta is usually a fair bit less polished than the final product, it lets them see what, if any, major graphical features are being introduced (Which, in this case, doesn't seem to be very much), among other things.

Other beta's haven't been a year from release 

On the other hand, if you were going to do something truly special with your graphics, that's probably something you'll have nailed down by this point.

Not really. In many games isn't graphics the thing you can enhance later on? Pretty sure it's one of the last things that are necessary 

You seem to be equating optimization with design. They're not the same thing.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

i think Halo 5 will flop, MS needs new IPs.

Really interested where they're going with it. Will it be 720p never dipping below 60fps or will it be 900p with noticeable drops. I'm not familiar with the fanbase of this game but would an option to have 1080p and locked 30fps be used at all?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ruler said:

Thats what they say about every halo game ever. It will succeed. And let's ignore sunset overdrive and quantum break which are 2 interesting new ip's coming soon or have already arrived. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Zekkyou said:
JayWood2010 said:

11 months isn't that long.

Games are usually 2/3 years  developement.  A year or 1/3 the time of developement is definitely not that long.......

The beta (an actual beta, not a glorified demo) is about the gameplay first and for most.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Really interested where they're going with it. Will it be 720p never dipping below 60fps or will it be 900p with noticeable drops. I'm not familiar with the fanbase of this game but would an option to have 1080p and locked 30fps be used at all?

Who says it can't be 900 without noticeable drops? Other games have done it. 

I really wish Digital Foundry would go out of business. They have been a bigger detriment to gaming than an asset. 90% of people can't tell resolutions and framerates unless they are told. People who have played thru beta have been enjoying it and the these guys come along trying to tell people they should be disappointed.

generic-user-1 said:
Hynad said:
generic-user-1 said:
Versus_Evil said:
Stopped reading at "It's a missed opportunity to go all out - to press the reset button not just on the rendering tech, but on the core gameplay". I'm done with DF.

well they dont lie for the fanboys, halos gamelay is meh at best. to slow, to simple mapdesign, a meh story with meh characters. nothing special... change we need...

You never played Halo MP... The gameplay is quite fast paced. Especially in the Halo 5 beta... -__-

i played halo mp, all of them, but i played good fs for years, and aginst tribes, quake and ut, halo is just a meh game, to slow, to boring gamemodes, to lame weapons..

But have you played halo 5?no you haven't. So you don't have an opinion until then about it being slow and whether or not It needs change

kinisking said:
Ruler said:

Thats what they say about every halo game ever. It will succeed. And let's ignore sunset overdrive and quantum break which are 2 interesting new ip's coming soon or have already arrived. 

well this time its different, this time its not made by bungie and the install base is much smaller on the X1. I think it will sell 2 million units and get mediocore reviews

kinisking said:
vivster said:

Who says it can't be 900 without noticeable drops? Other games have done it.

Which games?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.