By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US January monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussions

Insidb said:
DonFerrari said:

Well it seems we got some proves from the Amazon january thread.

1) Price isn't 95% of the reason of a product success, its perceived quality and value is and anyone denying that is delusional

2) Some preffer to believe in the set of data (no matter how innacurate) that better pushes his point.

3) VGC even after taking 3 weeks to post numbers didn't took in consideration price hike and will have to adjust.

4) People will downvote you, if you use math that makes them :( lol

Forgot this one. Math is overstated anyway..

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Hiku said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I never said I knew PS4 lost January. I never said Xbone won January.

Yes you did. AklfredoTurkey. Yes you did.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Sale just came in and Xbone won the US... AGAIN

The only facts we have right now are these.
Fact: You said this
Fact: One time does not equal never.

It IS a fact that Xbox One won the US for Jan 10th on this site. It's also a fact that I said that it won the week of the 10th on according to this site. There is nothing factually wrong about what I said. Sorry.

It is also a fact that you and VGC is wrong and Amazon is right.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It IS a fact that Xbox One won the US for Jan 10th on this site. It's also a fact that I said that it won the week of the 10th on according to this site. There is nothing factually wrong about what I said. Sorry.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. VGC is the one saying the Xbone won the first two weeks of this month, not me. I'm just reporting what ioi posts. Personally, I'd wait until NPD to say something like that because sooner or later, Amazon is going to be wrong.

DonFerrari said:
Insidb said:

4) People will downvote you, if you use math that makes them :( lol

Forgot this one. Math is overstated anyway..

Let's replace math with feelings; what could possibly go wrong?

AlfredoTurkey said:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. VGC is the one saying the Xbone won the first two weeks of this month, not me. I'm just reporting what ioi posts. Personally, I'd wait until NPD to say something like that because sooner or later, Amazon is going to be wrong.

No one is disputing that we should all wait for NPD. Its how ready you seem to get in bed with vgc and its hit and miss tracking that is in question. Especially when using it as the basis of your arguments in opposition to everyone else taking to what amazon suggests instead.

Its like this, of the 12 months of last year, amazon was right every single month on who won each month. Every single time. VGC was wrong at least 3/4 times. 

If you were to stake money on amazon or vgc, who would you put your money on? This is a prediction thread, using Amazon tracking as a basis. Its become very reliable because its yet to be wrong. We cannot not say the same about vgc US numbers. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

So what was the point, really? When VGC has demonstrated in the past numerous times that it has incorrectly predicted the winning console for the month, why would I suddenly trust its numbers now? What makes VGC's numbers more legitimate than Amazon's monthly rankings when 1. the site makes predictions and 2. Amazon is a retailer?

You still have not presented your evidence. Everyone else has made observations and made hypotheses based on what they saw. You, on the other hand, just continued to conjecture. PS4 is leading in Best Buy, Toys R' Us, Walmart, and Gamestop. Are you going to claim that those retailers are wrong, too? Heck, multiple GAF users who work in retail such as Abdiel commented on how there are significantly more X1's in stockrooms than PS4's.

Overall, you're not just betting against Amazon. You're betting against Best Buy, Toys R' Us, Walmart, Gamestop, and retail employees who have shared their observations on GAF.

Mr. Poultry Pavo is trolling you guys and derailing threads. Even he does not believe what he says....

AlfredoTurkey said:
DonFerrari said:

Doesn't it seem facetious to say the eventually Amazon will be wrong when chartz is wrong all the time?  Wouldn't it be more appropiate to say we should wait for NPD to see how close Chartz is?  Amazon doesn't report numbers.  Only standings. 

Wow! This is the first time I saw someone that took VGChartz estimated numbers to heart rather than taking it with a grain of salt. Oh wait! There's people from N4G who does that regularly, my bad :p

I would love the X1 to win the US too but it looks like the PS4 may have edged it out this month. Using the Amazon charts as a barometer has not failed yet. So going against it isn't wise, I should know, I doubted it months ago too.

AlfredoTurkey said:
DonFerrari said:

Not shooting the Messenger just his message. If we wanted to discuss vgc guesstimates we would do that on the weekly numbers. And VGC track record is quite bad to use as proof against a 100% track.

Would you keep your worst employee and fire your best because one day the best could fail and the worst accept?