Forums - Gaming Discussion - First-World Problems in Video Games

What will happen first?

Pigs develop the ability to fly 25 27.47%

Vita surpasses the DS as ... 7 7.69%

Xbox One gets HD-DVD support 12 13.19%

EA becomes a Nintendo-exclusive publisher 20 21.98%

Patcher gets a prediction right 27 29.67%

Total:91

2 things: First, I didn't know what to make the poll, so I just did something random. Second, I'm sure a thread like this has already been made, but the website's search function only goes back 90 days. A thread older than that might get accused of necro-bumping anyway.

What kind of first-world problems do you have regarding video games? I'll start.

I play 3 consoles on the same TV (PS3, PS4, and Wii U). However, my TV only has 2 HDMI connectors...

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network

Smash Bros trophies have no pantsu! Tis is a sad time we live in indeed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:

Get an HDMI splitter. They are really useful, I used one so that my PS3/X360/Wii U could all share just 1 HDMI port on my TV.

Oh! Why did I never think of that!? My brain doesn't like working.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

I voted "Patcher gets a prediction right" because he "predicted" PS4 leadership in 2015.

Same here. I use the same 32" TV for my PC, Wii U and XONE. And I'm getting a PS4 at some point, so it's gonna be a huge pain. The first-world solution would be buying a 4K TV for PC and one of the consoles, and then use this 32" TV on the other two. However, before getting a 4K TV, I need a 4K capable GPU (Radeon 295x2 comes to mind), but before that I need a bigger PSU because my CPU is a power-hungry beast (FX 9590) and that gpu consumes 500W, so I'm afraid the 850W XFX PSU I posses might not be enough.

It's so painful to be a first-world gamer in a third-world country.

Around the Network

I have too many games and no time to play them. :

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I don't have enough time to play all the games I buy.

Play immensely epic shooter campaign that plays like a movie with graphics that would have entirely blown and destroyed your grade-school self's mind.

"This is the same as the last one! Boooriiinnng."

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

My stack of Wii U games falls over when I take one out/put one in

My FPS sometimes dip below 60.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.