By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Outage compensation announced: 5 days PS+, 10% discount code (US & EU)

Thats great!

Around the Network
poklane said:

And for anyone who missed it, that 10% off is off your entire cart, not just 1 single purchase. You can buy $150 worth of content and get $15 off if you'd like that.

Is this confirmed? I honestly have no idea. 

Horrorfest said:
poklane said:

And for anyone who missed it, that 10% off is off your entire cart, not just 1 single purchase. You can buy $150 worth of content and get $15 off if you'd like that.

Is this confirmed? I honestly have no idea. 

Yes it's confirmed...Read OP

That's really nice of them.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Looks like I'm pretty ordering uncharted 4 early

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
WrathofTank said:
The people that bought the ps4 for Christmas will probably think this is horrible compensation.

They weren't owed anything to begin with. 

Maybe they aren't owed anything, but what happens when somebody buys your product and on the first day it doesn't work.  They're gonna be pissed, and most of them won't understand that your service was DDOS by a bunch of jerks.  So really whatever the consumer perceives is reality, unless you want a bunch of upset customers.  That is why Sony offered some compensation.  IMHO they should have gave 2-4 weeks free PS+ as that would have let the new customers try out your service for an extended period of time. Once it runs out they won't be able to play online with friends and they would realize what a valuable service PS+ is and likely buy in.

To me, these attacks are a clear sign that Sony has to improve PSN.  PSN is a paid for service now, and they really should increase there bandwidth greatly, and of course other anti DDos features.  I'm sure they are working on it and will continue to work on it.

WrathofTank said:
Euphoria14 said:
WrathofTank said:
The people that bought the ps4 for Christmas will probably think this is horrible compensation.

They weren't owed anything to begin with. 

Maybe they aren't owed anything, but what happens when somebody buys your product and on the first day it doesn't work.  They're gonna be pissed, and most of them won't understand that your service was DDOS by a bunch of jerks.  So really whatever the consumer perceives is reality, unless you want a bunch of upset customers.  That is why Sony offered some compensation.  IMHO they should have gave 2-4 weeks free PS+ as that would have let the new customers try out your service for an extended period of time. Once it runs out they won't be able to play online with friends and they would realize what a valuable service PS+ is and likely buy in.

To me, these attacks are a clear sign that Sony has to improve PSN.  PSN is a paid for service now, and they really should increase there bandwidth greatly, and of course other anti DDos features.  I'm sure they are working on it and will continue to work on it.

PSN+ already offers a free 14-day trial to new subscribers. See bottom of the page.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-plus/

So these new customers can still try the service for 2 weeks, free of charge and will be getting the 10% off voucher on a future full cart purchase.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ninsect said:
I wonder if that 10% can be used on games already on sale :O

I suspect they will do the 10% offer once the January sales malarky has ended.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Very Well

I figured they would not want to give to much as would encourage DDoS to get a free month.

10% is nice, not sure use it, but good to have the option.