By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Favourite Music // 2014 Edition

Ka-pi96 said:

#2 Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

Man I totally dig Linkin Park, I'm even going to see them in February...but I gotta say I didn't love the Hunting Party. Is there a song or two you can recommend from it that you really liked? I must admit I haven't listend to it in great depth but my intial listen didn't wow me. 

Around the Network

Only full album I bought and liked it as a whole was "Ultraviolence" (Lana Del Rey)
The only other album that came close was "Broke With Expensive Taste" (Azealia Banks)

Looking forward to "Honeymoon" (Lana Del Rey) Lol. 😜

Ka-pi96 said:

I agree that 2014 was incredible for music, IMO one of the best years ever

My top 5:
#5 sukekiyo - IMMORTALIS

#4 Royal Blood - Royal Blood

#3 Nickelback - No Fixed Address

#1 DIR EN GREY - ARCHE

And my most anticipated for 2015:
Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors
ONE OK ROCK - 35XXXV

Didn't expect to see Sukekiyo mentioned here! I only found out about them because someone mentioned Chihiro Onitsuka was in a video of theirs, but now I'm a fan. Cool mention. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Marks said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Man I totally dig Linkin Park, I'm even going to see them in February...but I gotta say I didn't love the Hunting Party. Is there a song or two you can recommend from it that you really liked? I must admit I haven't listend to it in great depth but my intial listen didn't wow me. 

I actually liked them all, I think it's their 3rd best album (only below the first 2). My favourites from it would be Wastelands, Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade. Give them a go and I hope you enjoy them

Thank you! I'll check them out and toss the CD back in my car next time I'm going for a drive haha

I only purchased one full album in 2014: Babymetal

Around the Network

My Top 5 Of 2014:

1.Dog Fashion Disco - Sweet Nothings

2. Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun

3. Ideamen - Schemata

4. Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World

5. Machine Head - Bloodstone & Diamonds

Versus_Evil said:

2014 was incredible for music Imo, below are my top 5 for 2014 and my top 5 most anticipated for 2015.

What's yours?

Top 5 2014

#1 LA Dispute - Rooms of The House

#2 Forever Came Calling - What Matters Most

#3 Pianos Become The Teeth - Keep You

#4 My Iron Lung - Relief

#5 Hail The Sun - Wake

Three that didn't make the the top 5 but are were really good this year.

#1 Transit - Joyride

#2 Copeland - Ixora

#3 Being As An Ocean - How We Both Wondrously Perish

Top 5 most anticipated for 2015

#1 Periphery - Juggernaut Alpha/Omega

#2 Enter Shikari - The Mindsweep

#3 Senses Fail - Pull The Thorns From Your Heart

#4 Silverstein - I Am Alive In Everything I Touch

#5 Alien Ant Farm - Always And Forever

Happy new year.

I am completely out of the music loop these days.  I enjoy rock music in various forms (metal, alternative, classic, punk, etc.)  If any of these include instruments I'll give them a shot.

I don't think I have a Top 5 for 2014. My most listened albums of 2014 are mostly actually from 2012. I did like Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence and Sia's 1000 Forms of Fear.

I do have high hopes for 2015 though since some of my favorite artists are due for an album release: Metric, Florence + the Machine, Madonna, P!nk (not sure), Gwen Stefani, No Doubt (maybe).

Signature goes here!

Tropical Freeze
Xenoblade X

Hm, I didn't listen to many new releases in 2014.
Sanctuary - The Year The Sund Died was ok.

The 2014 Led Zeppelin remasters were alright. Not the best versions of the albums, but more affordable than some Japanese releases from the 80s.