By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name your favourite 5 games of all time

To make things less messy and easy to read for everyone lets post it all neat and tidy with minimal words, like this, my top 5:

1: Final Fantasy IX (A story that sucks me in every time)

2: Terranigma (SNES RPG by Enix that was never released in US, perfect)

3: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (an epic masterpiece that will remain one of the best games ever made until Earth blows up)

4: Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (There's something Magical about this game that will always draw me back to it)

5: Donkey Kong Country 2 (Music was beautiful and visuals stunning)

Around the Network

1) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (more epic-feeling than any 3D game I've played, INCLUDING OoT) 2) Super Smash Bros [both versions] (Picked up where Mario Kart left off [see below], and lasted through high school) 3) Mario Kart 64 (I never actually owned it, and yet some of my best memories from 5th and 6th grade stem from this game) 4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (I still remember consistently wasting my entire clock at this one loop in Metropolis Zone 3 because I just couldn't make the jump) 5) Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (the game went like lightning, but replay value is surprisingly high... I can still go back and re-play any given level, and have a blast)

1. The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time, this needs to further introduction.

2. Half-Life, best FPS ever

3. Mario Kart 64, racing fun for a very long time

4. Super Smash Brothers Melee, 1000's of hours play time

5. Sacrifice, game on the PC that was absolutely underrated.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ioi said:
Does someone fancy doing a tally of all these? Maybe 5 points for 1st, 4 for 2nd etc?

I will work out a tally system and post results if this thread moves more then 15 replies, otherwise it just wont be worth-while.

So c'mon people, cast you favourites!

Edit: With that in mind ioi, where's your top 5 games of all time?

1. Donkey Kong Country - I love platformers, I love Donkey Kong, that's it.

2. Super Mario 64 - As I said, I love platformers. (This one goes a little for all the Mario Games, but SM64 was the one I loved the most and that's why I listed it.

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past - fishamaphone said it.

4. Tales Of Symphonia - The best RPG I've played yet.

5. Burnout 2 - What A Great Racing Game it was...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 2. Final Fantasy 3 (this was on the SNES) 3. Final Fantasy 2 (also on SNES... so that makes it FF6 right?) 4. Super Mario Bros. 1 5. Warcraft II

Gesh, Top 5's are hard, Top 10 would have been easier for me.

1. Final Fantasy X / X-2 - PS2 (Great Story, Great Chracters, Fun gameplay. Very tight race between it and FFVI as best RPG ever but FFX just did more for me emotionally. Note: I consider X and X-2 one game)

2. Final Fantasy VI - SNES (Hands down the best RPG ever, It was almost #1)

3. Super Metroid - SNES (There is a reason why all future 2D Metroid games were based off it)

4. Marathon Trilogy - Mac (Best FPS EVER)

5. Dead or Alive 3 - Xbox (It was a hard choice between this and SSBM, but Ayane pushed it in favor of DoA30

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

euclid said:
1. Super Mario Bros. 3 2. Final Fantasy 3 (this was on the SNES) 3. Final Fantasy 2 (also on SNES... so that makes it FF6 right?) 4. Super Mario Bros. 1 5. Warcraft II

Final Fantasy II (USA) = Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy III (USA) = Final Fantasy VI

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

opps forgot the 'I'. damn type-os

Currently playing:

These are games that I played a lot and returned to them. I've had many favorites, but I replayed these over and over again.

Panzer Dragoon - Saturn

Contra III - SNES

Virtua Fighter II - Saturn

Powerball - Sega Genesis

Sega Rally II - Dreamcast

edit: I see mostly "new" titles.  Maybe this thread should have been 5 all time favs from current or last generation.  Sega Genesis is a bit far back, but powerball, if anyone has played it, was crack in a video game cartridge. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.