By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steam Hits New Record For Concurrent Users – Over 8 Million Steam Users Online Simultaneously

crissindahouse said:
alrightiwill said:
Is that 8 million people playing any game at once? Or just 8 million logged into Steam but mightn't be playing? Impressive either way but I am always logged into Steam but rarely play.

PC gaming does pretty well

It is twice as big as console market.

But why does every PC gamer (not me) keep telling of PC gaming is not dying etc. ? People know that already. PC gamers are keeping the statement alive. Stop living in the past.

Around the Network

"PC is dead", of course it is, honey.

I'm now filled with determination.

Civ5 is probably my favorite game ever.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

thatguymarco said:
"PC is dead", of course it is, honey.

Who said it is dead? You are just keeping that statement alive. Idiot.

TF2 has decreased a lot in popularity. A couple of years ago it was the biggest game on Steam if I remember correctly.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

A lot of people don't log out of Steam ever (like me) still impressive though. I've had many of my friends join Steam this year. Hopefully in a little while my Steam friends will be as many as my PS4 friends or even more. Playing games with friends on PC is a lot more convenient due to the superior multitasking of PC.

Praised be Lord Gaben!

Also, I only log into Steam when I'm gonna play, and I'm never logged into my Friends List because to be honest I'm an antisocial cunt.

Whoah! What? Steam has become way too popular! :P

Talal said:
A lot of people don't log out of Steam ever (like me) still impressive though. I've had many of my friends join Steam this year. Hopefully in a little while my Steam friends will be as many as my PS4 friends or even more. Playing games with friends on PC is a lot more convenient due to the superior multitasking of PC.

So you don´t ever shut down your PC?

KilluaZoldyck said:
Talal said:

So you don´t ever shut down your PC?

My laptop is pretty much on 24/7 which means I'm always logged into Steam. A lot of my friends are the same way.Currently have 3 friends online with no one playing a game.