By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OK, I faced it: WiiU can't sell over 15M

15M, too low or just ok?

With my heartbroken, I agree. 291 32.96%

A pricecut can still push it to 20M-25M. 426 48.24%

Nonsense. WiiU is an assu... 165 18.69%

Total:882

No, they should never have removed the Gamepad nor should they.
They should have revised it though, make it cheaper by the way and get some decent marketing. Especially the EU marketing was, well, plain shit, sorry to say that.

Around the Network
captain carot said:
No, they should never have removed the Gamepad nor should they.
They should have revised it though, make it cheaper by the way and get some decent marketing. Especially the EU marketing was, well, plain shit, sorry to say that.

I find the gamepad to be a novelty for basically 95% of Wii U games. Most use it as a 'map' or it replicates what is shown on the TV anyway. It is just an un-needed expense unlike the Wii motion controls which were integral to most of the defining games on the Wii. The majority of people just don't see it as justified much like the Kinect. Just my opinion.

archer9234 said:

That never matters to people. The GC will be always remembered as a failure. Even though it made profit. People don't care about logic :P HUGE NUMBERS MEAN ALL! God forbid Nintendo could keep making consoles forever. Never have 3rd party again. And still make profit. That is inherently wrong somehow.

I agree, people don't always care about logic, but let's use some logic and try to find a source that proves that Gamecube made a profit. Or that WiiU has made a profit so far (not right now, but overall). While we're at it, can you tell me how exactly you know that Ninty did not consider Gamecube a failure? A failure does not mean sell x number of units, make $5, etc. It means the company has certain expectations and the product fails to meet them, even massively. 

If you don't wanna address all the points, please at least provide that source that I've yet to see ever posted. I, like you, like logic too. 

Mr.Playstation said:
Nogamez said:
Mr.Playstation said:
It will be lucky to make it to 15 million, as of this moment. All ninty fans bought the console when Mario Kart came out and so that is why SSB didn't boost sales so much. It's a dead console and news on an upcoming ninty next gen console are just helping it drown faster.W

what upcoming console? did i miss something

There have been a bunch of rumors, here are some links:

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/console-desktop-pc/anton-shilov/nintendo-contracts-amd-to-power-next-generation-game-console/

Here is a quote from the article which shows that nintendo is working on a next generation system:

"Back in May Nintendo already confirmed that it had started development of its next-generation home console. In October it also transpired that the company would design system-on-chip for its forthcoming system in the U.S. According to a new media report, Nintendo contracted AMD to provide graphics processing technologies for the device."

This means nothing. Its well known that Nintendo start working on their next console not to long after releasing their current one.

Aquietguy said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Nogamez said:
Mr.Playstation said:
It will be lucky to make it to 15 million, as of this moment. All ninty fans bought the console when Mario Kart came out and so that is why SSB didn't boost sales so much. It's a dead console and news on an upcoming ninty next gen console are just helping it drown faster.W

what upcoming console? did i miss something

There have been a bunch of rumors, here are some links:

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/console-desktop-pc/anton-shilov/nintendo-contracts-amd-to-power-next-generation-game-console/

Here is a quote from the article which shows that nintendo is working on a next generation system:

"Back in May Nintendo already confirmed that it had started development of its next-generation home console. In October it also transpired that the company would design system-on-chip for its forthcoming system in the U.S. According to a new media report, Nintendo contracted AMD to provide graphics processing technologies for the device."

This means nothing. Its well known that Nintendo start working on their next console not to long after releasing their current one.

Nintendo talked openly about a succesor to the wii in the summer of 2010 and the wii U was released in late 2012. Nintendo has already started openly talking about a succesor to the Wii U this summer. Therefore following history a succesor to the wii U should be released by late 2016. 

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

Nintendo talked openly about a succesor to the wii in the summer of 2010 and the wii U was released in late 2012. Nintendo has already started openly talking about a succesor to the Wii U this summer. Therefore following history a succesor to the wii U should be released by late 2016. 

Of coarse this is speculation.

Guitarguy said:

I find the gamepad to be a novelty for basically 95% of Wii U games. Most use it as a 'map' or it replicates what is shown on the TV anyway. It is just an un-needed expense unlike the Wii motion controls which were integral to most of the defining games on the Wii. The majority of people just don't see it as justified much like the Kinect. Just my opinion.

What games are you playing because most of the games I have played uses the pad is used well. Having your menus at a glance rather than having to pause is a plus and worth it. I wish I had the pad for Zelda orcarina of time. Constantly having to pause to changing boots in the water temple became a pain.

Mr.Playstation said:

I agree that it is quite concerning to see Nintendo talking about physical details of their next console so soon. Sure Sony/Microsoft are probably working on the PS4/Xbox2 right now but I certainly do not see them taking the focus off their current consoles by revealing details publicly a mere 2 years after their current consoles were released. Nintendo have always been quick to jump ship when their current console doesn't sell well. They announced the Gamecube in August of 2000 just under 4 years after the US release of the N64. Naturally the software efforts from Nintendo and their first/second party developers diminished greatly after this. The GCN was released in 2001, a mere 5 years after the N64... The Wii was released in 2006, also a mere 5 years after the commercial disappointment ofthe GCN..

Aquietguy said:
Guitarguy said:

What games are you playing because most of the games I have played uses the pad is used well. Having your menus at a glance rather than having to pause is a plus and worth it. I wish I had the pad for Zelda orcarina of time. Constantly having to pause to changing boots in the water temple became a pain.

Come on man... Having the screen used as a menu is not a pivotal reason for the gamepad. Games like NintendoLand use the gamepad much much better. Games like that actually showcase how the screen can be used in an innovative and functional way, not simply for displaying a map/menu/health vitals.

Guitarguy said:
Aquietguy said:
Guitarguy said:

Come on man... Having the screen used as a menu is not a pivotal reason for the gamepad. Games like NintendoLand use the gamepad much much better. Games like that actually showcase how the screen can be used in an innovative and functional way, not simply for displaying a map/menu/health vitals.

But if every game tries to pack every possible uses then people will complain it is forced like the waggling complaint of the wii mote. Just use it as needed. Some games need it more. Some less. Like I said, most game use it well for what ever game it is. No a menu is not needed but is sure is better to have than not. I find that some games a map is good like low pace games. Where as fast pace games is better on screen. Its a learning curve. But is being done pretty well all around.