By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think this is a better controller for the N64 than the N64 controller was?

Do you think this is a better controller for the N64 than the N64 controller was?

Yes. The layout of the bu... 74 35.07%

No. I prefer the original one better. 137 64.93%

Total:211
Cobretti2 said:
i feel like you should be perma banned for suggesting this travesty.

Have you holded the other controller?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
amazing how obsessed people are with xbox pads. That controller looks like garbage.
OG xbox pad was one of the worst of all time, and this looks exactly like it.

Well its buttons are still better, they have an even surface, xbox button to this day have rounded buttons which hearts

The N64 controller was stupid and Y'all know it....

The format in the OP makes more sense.

The controller shown by the op, seems to be the better one since its d-pad is placed in a more comfortable position.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

That looks like one of the worst controllers ever.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Well it's a full-blown system for starters, not just a controller. The original N64 controller is probably still better. I'm biased against third-party controllers in general though. They just never work well enough because buttons are in the wrong place. They're also always way uglier.

Fun fact, speed runners usually use iQue versions of games because they are slightly faster than N64 versions.

Also, people saying the N64 controller required you to switch your hands around or have three hands altogether haven't played the system. At least not the way it should be played, because not once do you need to do that. The controller works like any other regular controller. You always use the right handle and either one or the other handle. There's no game which requires you to extensively use the D-Pad beyond something like switching the on-screen map on or off. If you have to use the D-Pad for movement like in Mischief Makers, you don't have to use the control-stick. Ever. Same goes for the L-button. The Z-trigger is it's substitute. People just still don't know what they're talking about, and it's about time the 'N64-three-hand-myth' left this world.

Ruler said:
Cobretti2 said:
i feel like you should be perma banned for suggesting this travesty.

Have you holded the other controller?

yes i have its called an xbox controller lol.  Why you think they redesigned it.

A cactus covered in acid would be a better controller than the N64 one...

ktay95 said:

No the Hori mini pad was the best, although its a tad on the small size.

D-Pad is in a terrible position but lets be honest, how often did you use a D-Pad on N64 games??

where haz dis baby been my hole lyfe

I love the n64 controller. It was very comfortable to hold. If there was a way to use it on wii u smash, i would use it over gamecube controller. The only things bad about the n64 controller was that the analog stick wore to easily and that you had to move your hnd to use the dpad.