By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For Those Who "ONLY" Are Getting/Considering FFXV+XCX, Which Do You Think.....

1. Will Have The Bigger World? (In Actually Traveling Land Size) = Xenoblade Chronicles X

2. Will Have More A Depth Feel to It? (Talking World, as in Landscapes/Citys/etc) = Final Fantasy XV

3. Will Have The Better Combat? = Final Fantasy XV

4. Will Innovate better Gameplay? = Final Fantasy XV

5. Will Have the Better Story? = Final Fantasy XV

6. Will Take Up Most of Gamers time? (Replay value+Longevity) = Xenoblade Chronicles X

7. Will Have The Better Enemy Designs? (pls note this isnt graphically, we all know FFXV wins [X1/PS4]) = Both

8. Will Have The Best SideQuest? = Final Fantasy XV (imo XBC sidequests were poorly done leaving me underleveled, hopefully its fixed)

9.  Overall Better Game? FFXV/XCX......... Both, Who Cares!!! = Final Fantasy XV

10. Will You Get Day 1? (FFXV/XCX/Both!) = Both of course

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
tbone51 said:

That does seem biased though^

Why? Not knowing anything about FFXV and/or XCX (im assuming more the latter). 

SE has the bigger budget to set things right for Final Fantasy ...

A bigger budget usually translates to higher quality assets such as voice acting, music, artwork, and sometimes better lore and plot can happen as well ...

That didn't stop XC>>>FFXIII (as many suggest that played both. Talking both Gamers + Critics of course)

sc94597 said:

Not 1:1 no, but luckily Xenoblade is also a game that got great user acclaim as well. Sorry, but if you think a game that has one of the highest average review scores of all time (92%) in its genre didn't do ANYTHING better than other games in the genre and will not do anything better than a series that has been declining in acclaim (from both consumers and reviewers), then yes you are indeed biased. 

Hence why I said "ALMOST" instead of purely saying "EVERYTHING" ...

FF XV by far will be the better game overall. Xenoblade will probably have a bigger world, but full of "get 10 of these things" kind of quests. FFXV will have better combat as well.

tbone51 said:

Anywayzzz For Those Who Only Are Getting/Considering FFXV+XCX, Which Do You Think......

1. Will Have The Bigger World? (In Actually Traveling Land Size)

Don't care, both will be big enough.

2. Will Have More A Depth Feel to It? (Talking World, as in Landscapes/Citys/etc)

I don't expect much depth from either.

3. Will Have The Better Combat?

Probably Xenoblade. I already liked it in the prequel and the combat of FFXV looks actually boring i.e less tactical.

4. Will Innovate better Gameplay?

FFXV will have the newer gameplay(not that it would be amazing or anything). Xenoblade will be the same as the first.

5. Will Have the Better Story?

Not expecting much from either. Expecting less from FFXV because I already hate the characters.

6. Will Take Up Most of Gamers time? (Replay value+Longevity)

Xenoblade will have a lot to do in its open world. FFXV will be a lot more focused and story driven.

7. Will Have The Better Enemy Designs? (pls note this isnt graphically, we all know FFXV wins [X1/PS4])

They're both going for different looks. FFXV for realism and Xenoblade much more fantasy and cartoony. I prefer the latter.

8. Will Have The Best SideQuest?

Xenoblade. FF was never that big on side quests.

9.  Overall Better Game? FFXV/XCX......... Both, Who Cares!!!

Both will be enjoyable on a level and both will have parts that drag.

10. Will You Get Day 1? (FFXV/XCX/Both!)

Day 1 both.

Depending on what I see from FFXV going forward and the difference in launch windows for Japan and the west I might import FFXV.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

1. Will Have The Bigger World? FFXV

2. Will Have More A Depth Feel to It? FFXV

3. Will Have The Better Combat? FFXV

4. Will Innovate better (Gameplay wise)? XCX

5. Will Have the Better Story? ⇒ FFXV

6. Will Take Up Most of Gamers time? XCX

7. Will Have The Better Enemy Designs? FFXV

8. Will Have The Best SideQuest? XCX

9. Overall Better Game? FFXV

10. Will You Get Day 1? Both if I have a Wii U by time it comes out

Xenoblade Chronicles X takes all of these catagories.

fiercedeity said:
FF XV by far will be the better game overall. Xenoblade will probably have a bigger world, but full of "get 10 of these things" kind of quests. FFXV will have better combat as well.

Expect fetch quests in XV as well if they take the XII format for open-world gameplay and side-quests. 

sc94597 said:
fiercedeity said:

Expect fetch quests in XV as well if they take the XII format for open-world gameplay and side-quests. 

Xenoblade will have more of them to be sure. I've always felt that Final Fantasy did them in a tasteful way, although XII is one of the worst Final Fantasies. XV seems to be moving away from that. Although I'm not sure how enamored I am of the whole road trip thing. Come to think of it I'm not too sure either of these games interest me all that much. I haven't care for Final Fantasy all that much since the PS1 and xenoblade's combat is just awful, not to mention the annoying characters and cliche story.

1. Will Have The Bigger World? (In Actually Traveling Land Size)
FFXV

2. Will Have More A Depth Feel to It? (Talking World, as in Landscapes/Citys/etc)
FFXV

3. Will Have The Better Combat?
FFXV

4. Will Innovate better Gameplay?
Eh... I don't think either will innovate gameplay. Though I guess XCX.

5. Will Have the Better Story?
XCX

6. Will Take Up Most of Gamers time? (Replay value+Longevity)
I can't imagine anyone replaying any of these games as they'll both probably be extremely long. XCX might be longer, though, so XCX.

7. Will Have The Better Enemy Designs? (pls note this isnt graphically, we all know FFXV wins [X1/PS4])
I've liked the FFXV enemies better, since the feel more like monsters and less like innocent wild life.

8. Will Have The Best SideQuest?
XCX

9. Overall Better Game? FFXV/XCX......... Both, Who Cares!!!
Uh... Fuck, man. I don't know.

10. Will You Get Day 1? (FFXV/XCX/Both!)
XCX day one. FFXV if/when I ever bite the bullet and get a PS4.