By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Today I realized the Wii U will never pass the Vita in sales

Agree with my prediction?

Yes, once the holidays co... 59 12.34%

no 187 39.12%

Maybe, but 38 7.95%

Other post below 0 0%

See results 27 5.65%

It never had a chance to pass vita. 29 6.07%

Vita is going down! 136 28.45%

Total:476
bigtakilla said:
teigaga said:
I think everyone thought it would happen before 2015 but now thats not gonna happen it seems. Post holiday sales should be interesting. I honestly expect the Wii U to overtake it in Q1 at some point but all thats needed is an uptick in Vita's japanese sales (which is very possible), and its baseline will be higher the Wii U WW meaning that things may remain as they are for another year at least.

Still, it will easily surpass the Vita in its lifetime. 

It will pass the Vita by next christmas, lifetime will be determined by whether the Vita continues to grow in Japan, how long each repective console lasts (my bet is that Vita will last longer) and whether the Wii U has already peaked.

If I had to place a bet, I would put it on the WIi U but I don't think its garunteed. Both systems LT could be 15m-20m.

Around the Network

Seems legit.

teigaga said:
bigtakilla said:

Still, it will easily surpass the Vita in its lifetime. 

It will pass the Vita by next christmas, lifetime will be determined by whether the Vita continues to grow in Japan, how long each repective console lasts (my bet is that Vita will last longer) and whether the Wii U has already peaked.

If I had to place a bet, I would put it on the WIi U but I don't think its garunteed. Both systems LT could be 15m-20m.

Well true. If Sony doesn't put out another handheld, and supports the Vita for another 5 years it may pull some numbers just out of sheer length of time on the market. As far as Wii U, Zelda U hasn't dropped yet so I would be surprised if it has hit it's peak. Even if it has, it could easily still sell nearly as many consoles with another $50 price cut and the 2015 lineup. All it really needs to do is keep having these surges of popularity you see from great games which I think we'll see when Splatoon hits, Xenoblade Chronicles X hits, Zelda U hits, and Star Fox hits. And that's if they don't have anything jaw dropping at E3 next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a small price cut in the summer. 

I honestly didn't even realize the Vita was still ahead.

Good times http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148326&page=

Sal.Paradise said:

I know right! Pretty crazy considering how badly the Vita's selling. Oh well, the Vita will get passed soon enough.

Around the Network

You do realize the Wii U will be on the market longer than the Vita?

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

DarkRPGamer007 said:
You do realize the Wii U will be on the market longer than the Vita?

Well then that goes all hopes that the Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

Sal.Paradise said:

Who needs time machines when you have this!? 

Absolutely hilarious. Gotta love all the "day one, at the end of this year, no next year for sure, I guarantee it will sell it by..., when Mario Kart 8 launches, no Smash Bros"

Never change, guys. Never change. 

Seems like history teaches us nohing other than to spin things and deflect. 

Nah Wii U outsell the Vita. Wii U at least has a pulse and in stable condition while the Vita is in cardiac arrest.

The Vita isn't selling that great itself, and is in a completely different segment of the market, so needing to compare the Wii U to the Vita is a sign that the Wii U is completely noncompetitive in its own market segment.