By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 5 Reason PS4 Will Sell 20 Million in 2015.

3rd party titles.

3rd party titles continues to push PS4 units, while Xbox One doesn't get the same level of 'push'.

In 2015 there will be even more "big" 3rd party titles releasing, and if the trend continues - PS4 will come out on top, again.

-Dying Light
-Evolve
-Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
-Project Cars
-Battlefield: Hardline
-Mortal Kombat X
-The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
-Batman: Arkham Knight
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
-Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
-Madden NFL 16
-FIFA 16
-Assassin's Creed Victory
-Star Wars: Battlefront
-Untitled Call of Duty Game
-Rainbow Six Siege
-The Division

It is worth noting, that a lot of these games is 'current gen only'.

Exclusives.

And J-Stars Victory VS+

17 announced retail games that will come to Playstation 4, but not Xbox One - all in 2015. (I am probably forgetting some)

Playstation 4:

1st Party games - increases PS4's lead
3rd Party games - increases PS4's lead

Xbox One:

1st Party games - decreases PS4's lead.

2 steps back, 1 step foward.

I fully expect Japan to have a much higer baseline in 2015. 

(This list has not been updated for a few weeks)

The PS4 is launching in China in January, which should give the system a good boost. It'll be cheaper than the X1 in that country and going by the polls and forums, the PS4 is preferred way more. With a good launch library, it should easily do substantially better than the X1 over there.

It would be dump to think, that Playstation would go through another Holiday with a $399 price tag.

Here is my 5 reason. What do you think?

Around the Network

I don't get it. Not losing what?
Isn't it only natural that the bigger install base will sell more multiplat games?

The OP is a bit confusing. Is this just another PS4 celebration thread?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Duhh Lol

Why would the PS4 need to have a price drop in 2015? The PS4 can and WILL not lose at $399 in 2015.

A more daring and discussable prediction would be you saying that the PS4 couldn't lose in "America" in 2015

enditall727 said:
Duhh.

Why would the PS4 need to have a price drop in 2015? The PS4 can and WILL not lose at $399 in 2015.

A more daring and discussable prediction would be you saying tha PS4 couldn't lose in America in 2015

Note that this isn't a prediction, but just an observation.

enditall727 said:
Duhh.

A more daring and discussable prediction would be you saying tha PS4 couldn't lose in America in 2015

Not losing US is a done deal as well.

The even more daring prediction would be not losing in US in November.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Isn't it only natural that the bigger install base will sell more multiplat games?

Market Share.

The list is not SW, but HW? 

LordLichtenstein said:
vivster said:

Market Share.

The list is not SW, but HW?

Thanks for clarification because this was not obvious.

Now it's a thread :)

vivster said:
enditall727 said:
Duhh.

You think so? I don't.

Microsoft is either going to officially drop the price of the Xbox One to $299 or they will simply do a temporary price drop again like they did this year.

They also have Halo 5 releasing which is a game that can break like 6-7 million on Xbox in America ALONE! The PS4 never really had its own franchise that can do that on its own. The highest PS 's have been able to push in America was logically about 3 mill.

Also, Xbox has Tomb Raider 2 to itself this holiday season so it's going to negate atleast about half of what Uncharted 4 will do for PS4. So idk

Edit: @OP, if you want this thread to gain views and spark discussion, you should switch title to being about PS4 not losing "in America" in 2015. 

enditall727 said:
vivster said:
enditall727 said:
Duhh.

You think so? I don't.

Microsoft is either going to officially drop the price of the Xbox One to $299 or they will simply do a temporary price drop again like they did this year.

They also have Halo 5 releasing which is a game that can break like 6-7 million on Xbox in America ALONE! The PS4 never really had its own franchise that can do that on its own. The highest PS 's have been able to push in America was logically about 3 mill.

Also, Xbox has Tomb Raider 2 to itself this holiday season so it's going to negate atleast about half of what Uncharted 4 will do for PS4. So idk

Edit: @OP, if you want this thread to gain views and spark discussion, you should switch title to being about PS4 not losing "in America" in 2015. 

I don't give a s*** about America (alone) :)

Hmmm. So ps4 won't lose any of it's marketshare and that's why? I agree. It could increase in 2015.