By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Nintendo system

Anfebious said:
theprof00 said:
Wii U = Dreamcast

I think it's worse than the Dreamcast. At least the dreamcast was a console that people bought because they wanted it.

With the Wii U, you need to convince them...

It's clear with your un-informed statement that both of you haven't ever played the WiiU or own one. 

OP - If you want to get your wife into gaming these are the three video games that you need to get.... Super Mario 3d world, Mario Kart 8 & Just Dance... eventually make sure you also pick up Nintendo land and Games & Wario. I doubt that any of these game will convert your wife into a gamer. It might catch her interest but gaming is a hobby and isn't for everyone. I think modern game make great effort to offer a co-op experience and you be better serve to play Co-op and make friend online than trying to convert your wife.

Around the Network

If the recent games for the Wii U haven't convinced you already I don't know what to tell you.
I mean it's a Nintendo console for playing Nintendo games. What more do you want?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Get a Wii U. Nintendo exclusives are the best and the Wii U is the perfect secondary console.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Gilgamesh....why are you making us do this? There's no way you don't know all the answers to your questions, having been a member of this site for nearly as long as myself. Are you trying to run it up the flagpole that given all the great content that Nintendo continues to provide that you still don't find it appealing enough to give your wife a freaking gift she is asking for.

The WiiU plays Wii games. That really is all the reasoning you need to go out and pick up a bundle this holiday season. You've missed out on two generations of some of the greatest 1st party work Nintendo has ever produced. Many of the games that made the GC so great are also on the platform...so realistically you're looking at 3 systems worth of goodness.

But maybe you're like me...maybe you don't want another system because you're afraid it will eat up into more of your time. I get that...and owning a Nintendo system will definitely do that. Or maybe you're afraid that it will eat up into the time your girl wants to spend with you...I get that too. On the other hand...you really open yourself to a lot of great bonding time with the woman you love. Mario Kart 8 alone justifies this purchase.

If you don't mind coughing up the money and not anticipate a large selection of games to play in the future then why not.

Around the Network

In regards to the Wii U, my staunchly non-gamer fiance has actually started playing video games with me (something I thought would never be possible) and it has been great!

While free online has been mentioned in this thread , I'd also like to point out that the miiverse is probably the most civilized, positive and creatively interesting social network I've ever been on. People who post just love the games and it's really cool to see what people draw and discuss

run away! 

If you like those sort of games get it! You should be able to find it for $300 over the holidays with a 3 game bundle, my friend got one a few weeks ago.

Personally I love everything about the Wii U. The games are built for me. Not saying I don't like games on other consoles because I do, all of them are fantastic in their own right, I just don't have the time or money to have more than 1 at a time (2 tops if I get a really good deal).

There are plenty of fun exclusives to get, and a lot of great local multiplayer titles which will help convincing your wife to game even easier. I would recommend for sure.

POE said:
Anfebious said:
Don't buy a Nintendo console, you might make her a casual gamer. Just buy more games for your PS4 and make her a hardcore gamer, or as I like to say a "real gamer".

For real? PS4 and Xbone are the definition of casual.

lol that is what i was thinking. "real gamers" play ps4? lol ok.. it confused me too.

What should i convince you,look at it's game library,read some review ,watch somevideo about games that interrrest you and then decide,each person has his preferences so i can't tell you why you should buy this console or not

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Nintendo is unique. What shall I tell you ? :) Go on metacritic and check games and reviews.