By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did you buy a PS4?

It wasn't an Xbox One (before all the 180s)

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Whats your reason for buying the PS4?

The reason for buying my first PS4 were the eBay profits which financed a big part of my second PS4 ;)

Power
Future
Franchises
New IPs
Longevity

The PS5 Exists. 

My PS3 died and sold my 360 during financial difficulties, decided to wait until next gen starts before buying a new console, and the momentum was with the PS4 not the Xbox.

badgenome said:
cannonballZ said:

@badgenome- Evil Within? What a mess that turned out to be. It was pretty good 'til they ran out of ideas and started re using the same bosses.

I vehemently, almost violently, disagree. It would be my GOTY if not for South Park.

I agree and it actually is my GOTY.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:

Really?

I thought the story sucked. The bosses were awesomely challenging though, I just didn't like having to re fight a few of them. 

I actually liked the story. I appreciated the fact that it mostly existed to set up each level and there wasn't really any too-cute-by-half plot twist or anything like that. It was very video gamey that way: just interesting enough moment to moment to keep things moving without really getting in the way.

As far as reusing bosses, the only ones you see more than once were definitely worth seeing more than once. My only real complaint with the game is that it's simply not mechanically tight enough throughout and as a result some points on Akumu mode were rage inducing. But then, I guess that's to be expected from something like Akumu mode.

Partly because of brand loyalty as I played loads on ps2 and ps3. But also the games. I got a PS4 when i did for games like the order 1886 and Batman Arkham Knight and both got delayed! Still happy with the purchase though

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

All of the above really :D

My main reasons:

Got a good deal in the Summer, €400 with 3 games that I actually wanted
Already owned PS+ so might as well use it, plus get the games
Didn't think it was going to drop in price quickly(it hasn't here!) so why not pay 400 now instead of later
The brand - PS is PS, it will always be awesome(not that MS & Ninty aren't awesome too!)

Also, I don't play as many games as I should, just the annual 'dude-bros' games and ND/R* classics. So why not play them on an upgraded system.

To play good games :) ?

1. Sony is the only company to never disappoint me with a system. The PS1, PS2 and PS3 were all great consoles with diverse libraries.

2. The PS4 felt designed for gamer like me with games as first focus and other optional features if you wanted them.

3. Sony avoided the whole DRM nonsense that had Microsoft burning its bridge with me.

4. Strong third party support and great first party titles means I never bore of the system and let it collect dust.

5. The price was right, $400 was my buy price and they hit that one day one.

Mix in all these factors and felt compelled to pre-order one after E3 and pick it up launch week.