By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft working on VR headset, to be released in 2015

CladInShadows said:
Am I the only person that's annoyed that you need to buy a 300+ dollar VR headset for every system? Would have been nice if we JUST had the Rift and it worked on all devices.

We haven't heard any news about exclusivity yet have we?

Hmm, the headsets should be flexible we'll have to wait and see. I doubt their functionality will be limited to just PS4/X1 and so I presume the only thing stopping cross use will be firmware. 

Around the Network

I actually intended to buy that Sony Personal 3D Viewer a few years back. It cost like $800 but I didn't care! Was just so ready for the tech. The only thing that stopped me was the shoddy review scores from people that for one before launch.

teigaga said:
CladInShadows said:
Am I the only person that's annoyed that you need to buy a 300+ dollar VR headset for every system? Would have been nice if we JUST had the Rift and it worked on all devices.

We haven't heard any news about exclusivity yet have we?

Hmm, the headsets should be flexible we'll have to wait and see. I doubt their functionality will be limited to just PS4/X1 and so I presume the only thing stopping cross use will be firmware. 

From what I know (and people can correct me if I'm wrong), the Rift will only work on PCs.  Morpheus will only work on the PS4.  I don't see Microsoft's device breaking away from that trend.

Shouldn't they just strike a deal with Oculus? Getting a bit crowded on the VR market.

Though I'm still very happy that so many heavyweights put their money behind VR.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This is already known. There was recently a Rockstar interview where they had tested VR gear at Microsoft.

I'm just hoping everyone waits until the nausea issues has been dealt with.

Around the Network

I think a VR Kinect Sports would be cool.

I would prefer AR myself. More basic for the Xbox to render and I think it just seems more useable. An AR HUD also seems more Adam Jensen.

CladInShadows said:

yep this is why VR will fail. too many cooks in the kitchen.

Cobretti2 said:
CladInShadows said:

yep this is why VR will fail. too many cooks in the kitchen.

thats like saying consoles will fail because there are too many cooks in the kitchen. 

what ever happened to rio?