By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft working on VR headset, to be released in 2015

bananaking21 said:
Cobretti2 said:
CladInShadows said:
Am I the only person that's annoyed that you need to buy a 300+ dollar VR headset for every system? Would have been nice if we JUST had the Rift and it worked on all devices.

yep this is why VR will fail. too many cooks in the kitchen.

thats like saying consoles will fail because there are too many cooks in the kitchen. 

I'm not necessarily saying it will fail. But I have pretty much written off any non-Rift VR solution because I don't need multiple headsets (and their associated costs) cluttering up my life.

Around the Network

I'll believe it when I see it. They might make a cool prototype, show it off at E3 and other places with powerful hardware behind it, then say it's too expensive to release to the general public like illumiroom.

bananaking21 said:
Cobretti2 said:
CladInShadows said:
Am I the only person that's annoyed that you need to buy a 300+ dollar VR headset for every system? Would have been nice if we JUST had the Rift and it worked on all devices.

thats like saying consoles will fail because there are too many cooks in the kitchen. 

Consoles have more to offer (i.e. exclusive games). Peripherals that do the same thing on each system and will cost around 300 mark each will be a turn off. If they make it 100 like a controller then it has a chance.

No thanks MS, spend your time/money on some exclusives.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Cobretti2 said:
CladInShadows said:

Great.  Now that song is in my head for the rest of the night ...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
AR > VR

VR currently holds no interest for me.

Have you at least given it a try? Have you given either AR/VR a try?