By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Brand Name Seriously Tarnished by Hacking Controversy, Survey Says

KLXVER said:
Game_God said:
Warning strong language, as always with the Rageaholic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBsnGZ64VJI

Well hes not afraid to speak his mind...

More than often I enjoy his rants, they are well constructed & the vocabulary he uses while ranting make it all the more delicious, I don't always agree with his opinions but it certainly is entertaining. I found this episode quite clever & he makes a few fair points :D I admit that I laugh hard a few times :D :D :D

He has quite a few epic rants about gaming journalism (against Kotaku, IGN, Polygon, Eurogamer to cite a few) & they are both entertaining & insightful, I urge you to search them on his Youtube page, they are definitly woth it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network
osed125 said:

North Korea is a dog that barks but doesn't bite. This whole thing is a complete joke more than anything else, and the movie probably sucks big time anyway.

I think Sony major issue was that NK would continue on & on with the release of mails & documents that showed to the world Sony under quite a bad light. The manipulations & shady tactics they operate on a daily basis  behind curtains being revealed was a huge motivation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

KLAMarine said:
o_O.Q said:

it would be even more absurd to trust any claims made by the media without taking the time to actually vet them yourself given the long history of lies america has used to start conflicts

if more people actually did this they would understand that the war on terror is itself a joke

Yes, Sony getting hacked and having their movies leaked to the general public for free is sure to inspire anger and outrage in the general public.

My blood is boiling that I won't get to watch The Interview in theaters. I'm so angry I'm on my way to join the army as a matter of fact and can't wait to risk my life for the price of admission.

o_O.Q said:

but then again i suppose that saying that you shouldn't just blindly trust the media makes me a conspiracy theorist so you can probably ignore what i'm saying and continue on your present course

I don't trust the media 100%, they are not infallible but I would trust them first before a dictatorship. Speaking of dictatorships, I'd also advise you not to be so quick to trust a totalitarian regime.

o_O.Q said:

i'm beginning to wonder if this wasn't done by the nsa to turn public perception against north korea even more and pave the way to a conflict

north korea has already gone on record stating that they had nothing to do with this

anger is no excuse for disregarding common sense

lol a totalitarian regime?

now i'm not going to pretend that i know how things are run in north korea or how the citizens are treated

but let me ask you something which country is notorious for attacking other countries?

no how many countries has north korea attacked vs the number that the united states has attacked?

how many innocent people has the united states killed?

that americans still think they are free in a country that has laws that allow the governemnt to seize any citizen and throw them in jail without a trial is a joke

oh and btw if the signs are being interpretted correctly america is itself on its way towards a totalitarian state

I never leave my CC info on a console. So I'd be ok with getting a PS4, but really Sony has to get their security in order. Geez.

Jumpin said:
Sony is cowardly. People who are claiming they did the right thing for business are still using an excuse to justify a cowardly action.

You've got it mixed up. The threatres said they won't show it so Sony had no one to release the movie to.

Around the Network

I gave up on Sony after their first security breach.  Now it would just be stupid to give them my credit card info.

Jumpin said:
Sony is cowardly. People who are claiming they did the right thing for business are still using an excuse to justify a cowardly action.

Yeah, what they should have done is release the movie and if something did happen and people died they could confidently tell the relatives of those dead people 'we did the right thing.' I'm sure there wouldn't have been any backlash whatsoever. Risking the deaths of civilians because of political thinking is FAR more preferable to getting backlash from not taking that risk. The COWARDS!

"Go AMERICA!"

The PS5 Exists. 

o_O.Q said:

anger is no excuse for disregarding common sense

Feel free to point out where this has occurred if it has occurred.

o_O.Q said:

lol a totalitarian regime?

Yes, a regime where power is inherited by the son and the son remains in power 'til his death. The people of North Korea have no say in the matter.

o_O.Q said:

now i'm not going to pretend that i know how things are run in north korea or how the citizens are treated

Terribly. The regime you so quickly absolved of wrongdoing treats its population terribly.

o_O.Q said:

but let me ask you something which country is notorious for attacking other countries?

no how many countries has north korea attacked vs the number that the united states has attacked?

how many innocent people has the united states killed?

I'm going to fathom a guess to how you would expect me to answer your questions:

The United States

North Korea attacked one, the US attacked several.

A lot.

None of these answers have any relevance to whether or not North Korea hacked Sony.

o_O.Q said:

that americans still think they are free in a country that has laws that allow the governemnt to seize any citizen and throw them in jail without a trial is a joke

oh and btw if the signs are being interpretted correctly america is itself on its way towards a totalitarian state

US politics are not the topic of discussion.

A question. Does anyone knows to what is related the so called "gift" that the Hackers will make public on Crhistmas day?

Game_God said:
Warning strong language, as always with the Rageaholic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBsnGZ64VJI

It´s incredible how people still defends and support this company.