By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell more Hyrule Warriors or Dragon Quest Heroes?

Question in Title

Hyrule Warriors: Its zelda! 80 31.62%

Dragon Quest! 145 57.31%

Sexy Cats are Sexy! 28 11.07%

Total:253
ryuzaki57 said:
DQH because Jessica is hotter than Zelda

I know you have a bias against Nintendo, but are you certain that boners will make a game sell better?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

I know you have a bias against Nintendo, but are you certain that boners will make a game sell better?

Yes.   Without question.  There are entire geners of games dedicated to that truth.

CosmicSex said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Yes.   Without question.  There are entire geners of games dedicated to that truth.

Really? Why doesn't Dead or Alive outsell Tekken? Why didn't Bayonetta outsell Devil May Cry? 

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
CosmicSex said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Really? Why doesn't Dead or Alive outsell Tekken? Why didn't Bayonetta outsell Devil May Cry? 

Why doesn't Senran Kagura sell millions? :0

Maraccuda said:
Honestly hard to say.

DQH will sell lots more in Japan, but will sell less than HW in the West.

PS4's massive userbase will make up for any series disadvantage DQ has vs. Zelda

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Maraccuda said:
Honestly hard to say.

PS4's massive userbase will make up for any series disadvantage DQ has vs. Zelda

Are you so sure? The DW games havent sold well in the west, but HW surpassed already many of them in its first month (US). DW games dont sell that well and honestly, HW is doing extremely well for it (with that low userbase).

Im not saying DQ:H wont sell well in the west at all, but do you think (by the way your comment seems) DQ:H is just going to sell very well outside of japan?

In japan, DQH. worldwide, HW.

tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:
Maraccuda said:
Honestly hard to say.

Are you so sure? The DW games havent sold well in the west, but HW surpassed already many of them in its first month (US). DW games dont sell that well and honestly, HW is doing extremely well for it (with that low userbase).

Im not saying DQ:H wont sell well in the west at all, but do you think (by the way your comment seems) DQ:H is just going to sell very well outside of japan?

Bold: Yes. There is more to the world than the US and Japan. PS4 has a huge advantage everywhere else which should help it. Plus, it's Dragon Quest, not like it's an unknown franchise in the west

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:

Bold: Yes. There is more to the world than the US and Japan. PS4 has a huge advantage everywhere else which should help it. Plus, it's Dragon Quest, not like it's an unknown franchise in the west

Your overestimating DQ. Only 2 games have done well in the west and they were the real DQ games. This is a spin off no matter wat like HW. Since your so sure how much do you thinkthe game will sell in the US? estimates of course. Like 800k-1mil? 400k-500k? Wat?

DW has never sold well in the west, With 3 games as the exception of course.

Edit:

Posting Only Worthy Comments! (not who just picked DQ, just the crazies :p)

KyleeStrutt ~ I honestly expect DQH with Japan alone to outsell Hyrule Warriors.

Dr.Vita ~ Dragon Quest! Hyrule Warrors is on the Wii U and Dragon Quest is on the PS4. So no question!

Ninsect  ~ Dragon Quest can probably get close to 1m in Japan only when both platforms are combined. Globally there will be no contest + DQ obviously, since Japan alone will have a huge difference already. + PS4's massive userbase will make up for any series disadvantage DQ has vs. Zelda

vivster ~ Is this really a contest? I won't even be surprised if DQH Japan outsells HyWa globally.

think-man ~ Dragon quest will double hyrules numbers

CosmicSex ~ The combined base of PS3 and PS4 makes this battle downright unfair. Hyrule is only on Wii U... and the PS4 alone has twice the base. The PS3... come on this really isn't a fair fight.

OP: we need comparisons! DQ probably at no less than 550k and no more than 650k vs HW 1mil.

Posting Only Worthy Comments! (not who just picked DQ, just the crazies :p)

KyleeStrutt ~ I honestly expect DQH with Japan alone to outsell Hyrule Warriors.
Dr.Vita ~ Dragon Quest! Hyrule Warrors is on the Wii U and Dragon Quest is on the PS4. So no question!
Ninsect  ~ Dragon Quest can probably get close to 1m in Japan only when both platforms are combined. Globally there will be no contest + DQ obviously, since Japan alone will have a huge difference already. + PS4's massive userbase will make up for any series disadvantage DQ has vs. Zelda
vivster ~ Is this really a contest? I won't even be surprised if DQH Japan outsells HyWa globally.
think-man ~ Dragon quest will double hyrules numbers
CosmicSex ~ The combined base of PS3 and PS4 makes this battle downright unfair. Hyrule is only on Wii U... and the PS4 alone has twice the base. The PS3... come on this really isn't a fair fight.