By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which game do you think is going to be better? FF Type Zero or XV?

I have a sinking feeling that FFVX is going to be terrible. the characters so far feel like they are way too FFXIII-Ish . Of course they do not show much but type zero seems to be focusing in political struggle instead of a sappy love/hate my dad story which is better in my opinion. 

So what do you think?

Around the Network

Hmm, not sure since I havn't seen enough of both games to say for sure! But I will go with FFXV

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

PullusPardus said:

I have a sinking feeling that FFVX is going to be terrible. the characters so far feel like they are way too FFXIII-Ish . Of course they do not show much but type zero seems to be focusing in political struggle instead of a sappy love/hate my dad story which is better in my opinion. 

So what do you think?

Oooh, FFVII and FFX just got #REKT LOLOL

More seriously though I think FFXV is going to be better because it has the higher budget to get the graphics, sound directing, and the mechanics to get things right plus FFXV is the next main interation to the flagship franchise while FF Type-0 isn't for a reason ... 

fatslob-:O said:
PullusPardus said:

So what do you think?

Oooh, FFVII and FFX just got #REKT LOLOL

More seriously though I think FFXV is going to be better because it has the higher budget to get the graphics, sound directing, and the mechanics to get things right plus FFXV is the next main interation to the flagship franchise while FF Type-0 isn't for a reason ... 

From what I've read type zero is actually one of the best final fantasy games in a long time (it is already released on psp) 

Yeah I think that kind of story line is so old and outdated now. They tried it with 13 and it was crap. The old games didn't take themselves seriously so it worked for them but 13 if was like a sonic fanatic trying to write a novel about shadow the hedgehog

PullusPardus said:

From what I've read type zero is actually one of the best final fantasy games in a long time (it is already released on psp) 

Yeah I think that kind of story line is so old and outdated now. They tried it with 13 and it was crap. The old games didn't take themselves seriously so it worked for them but 13 if was like a sonic fanatic trying to write a novel about shadow the hedgehog

You can't always trust the internet ... 

FFXIII had a sappy love/hate my dad type of story ? Well that's the first I heard of this ... 

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XV.

Final Fantasy XV Is actually trying a new approach of mature storytelling. Said to be deeply exploring the human emotions and misery but through light hearted and close relationships and not typical dramatic approach.
The game kicks off at the ending of a long cold war between nations over the source of power (the last remaining crystal) which belongs to Lucis, Noctis's kingdom, an advanced and isolated country that use magic and forbidden to use guns. The outside world is the exact opposite of that. The other sources of power have all been consumed on war and political matters not to develop technology and income. They use guns and not magic.

There is also the love story with Stella/Luna, and the complications of going through war with her kingdom. A lot of plot twist potential there.

Also, Noctis seems to be in good terms with his father. The king was goofing and joking with Noctis as a kid, this was revealed in two different trailers. So what gave you that idea? 

If you are interested in more story details :

http://gematsu.com/2010/08/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-all-the-details-so-far

pretty sure the story of ffxv will be highly targeted towards a female audiance. so if you can't deal with certain "shakespeareness" you'll probably be dissapointed.