By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo technically confirms development of new Eternal Darkness title

It's...

Happening! 17 45.95%

just a remake, don't get your hopes up. 15 40.54%

a brand new installment. 5 13.51%

Total:37

Love the original, if they do remake it they should have more incentive for 2nd and 3rd play throughs. Would prefer they work on a new one with the original being released as a downloadable game. Or since Wii U can natively play Gamecube games have a 2 pack with an untouched original and new ED games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

It fits almost perfectly with the control scheme of the NEW 3DS, so i guess if something is coming, it's a remake or remaster for the handheld - along with other GC games, in my opinion!

Where's the "nothing" option in the poll?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Perhaps they have stepped in to secure Shadow of the Eternals?

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Oh Mai Gawd! YESS!!! Please let it happen!!!

There is a Canada dude/girl, who's that? :-p

Around the Network

It would probably be an remake then. A new Ethernal Darkness game would be a massive investment and it would not become a financial succes on Wii-U. Very limited install base and a lot of the buyers of the original game have moved on to other systems.

It's probably just a remake. But who knows.

This can't be happening... or could it?

I'd buy a remake on the Wii U in a heartbeat too.  The story and characters are already great but if they could polish up (as in redo) gameplay and graphics it would be an epic game.

yes please one of the gamecube I bought on gcn :(

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3