By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hail Gaben! Hatred is back on Steam!

Hail Gaben?

Hail Gaben! 30 63.83%

brb gonna tweet some death threats 17 36.17%

Total:47

Looks like people got their panties in a twist for nothing.

Hatred is back on Steam and Gaben had to say the following on the the matter.

"Hi, Jaroslaw,

Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn’t up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn’t a good decision, and we’ll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers.

Good luck with your game

Gabe
Gabe Newell"

I would like to hear from the people who said it was a smart decision to take the game off steam. Are they saying now that Gaben is not the smartest person in the world?

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/17/gabe-newell-apologises-for-pulling-hatred-from-steam-greenlight/

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

I would like to hear from the people who said it was a smart decision to take the game off steam. Are they saying now that Gaben is not the smartest person in the world?

I say we hang 'em.

Gaben is not the smartest person in the world, he is more like a deity. It's not that he is smart, he just knows what's best for us, and we should be thankful for that.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Gaben is not the smartest person in the world, he is more like a deity. It's not that he is smart, he just knows what's best for us, and we should be thankful for that.

That aligns with my definition of smart so I'm fine with that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

A 'good decision' is subjective. The person who took it down thought it was a good decision, Gabe didn't. The game is highly inappropriate so the decision to take it down was a just one.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Thank you Gaben, for giving power of choice to the costumers. I don't like the premise of the game, but I wish the best to the developers, hope they don't have to deal with this kind of problem again.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It's not really people getting their panties in a twist for nothing if it was people getting their panties in a twist that caused this reversal.

badgenome said:
It's not really people getting their panties in a twist for nothing if it was people getting their panties in a twist that caused this reversal.

Are you aware that you are currently accusing Valve of listening AND reacting to user feedback?

That's some pretty serious stuff.

I am waiting for a flamewar starting in this thread. I have popcorn, some drinks and good music.

Begin.

Viltsu300 said:
I am waiting for a flamewar starting in this thread. I have popcorn, some drinks and good music.

Begin.

How will there be a flame war if no consoles are involved? Better eat your popcorn now before it gets cold.