By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There is no excuse for future (NSMB/3D World) Mario games to lack online multiplayer

Do you agree?

Yes 31 34.83%

No 43 48.31%

See results 15 16.85%

Total:89
sborwege said:
Yes I would like the option, but I don't think it's needed. I look at how many games these days are ruined by online experiences (E.G. Watch_Dogs, Sure even if you take out the online the game still had bugs, but if they spent less time on online they could have worked out more bugs)

You can say that about any mode/feature.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Before online multiplayer folks get their turn, I think all of us are entitled to getting some actual good music again in the 2D platformers. They should at least get as much attention as the music for the eShop does...

Mario Maker includes SMB, SMW, and SMB3, meaning it should feature music from those games, so there you go!

Einsam_Delphin said:
noname2200 said:
Before online multiplayer folks get their turn, I think all of us are entitled to getting some actual good music again in the 2D platformers. They should at least get as much attention as the music for the eShop does...

Mario Maker includes SMB, SMW, and SMB3, meaning it should feature music from those games, so there you go!

Honestly no strong feelings on this. I mean I understand that other people might enjoy it, so therefore I'm inclined to say yeah, no excuse. But then I just ask myself what the point would be - it would certainly be a feature that in my opinion added pretty much nothing to the game.

3D World looks fun as is in local multiplayer. But I think if it took a page from LBP in having sort of a random online match up where 4 people play a random stage together could be very fun too.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

@noname: Gotta be more decisive man!

Moneybags said:
I absolutely hate what online capability has done to the gaming industry. Multiplier should by no means be an expected standard or review scores lowered for a game that lacks it(except racers). of course imho.

Except we were talking about two games that already included offline multiplayer. Multiplayer is a component they chose to explore.