By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There is no excuse for future (NSMB/3D World) Mario games to lack online multiplayer

Do you agree?

Yes 31 34.83%

No 43 48.31%

See results 15 16.85%

Total:89

Mario platformers  for home consoles should have online multiplayer for now on if they already have local multiplayer. Smash Bros. for Wii U is a fighting game that runs on a 60 fps with 1080p resolution and it plays relatively well online. NSMBU and 3D World has 60 fps as well but is only 720p. There is no excuse for the next multiplayer Mario game on home console to lack online multiplayer. They can make new levels to compensate the lag or allow random match-ups to connect only if connection is decent. I do like the ghost data from 3D World and wish for that to continue in the 2D games.

I wouldn't boycott or look down at future NSMB or 3D World games that have no online multiplayer but I think it would show how unambitious and stubborn the developers are for not trying to include it. If it takes too long to have a working online multiplayer mode, they can always promise to have a  free software update for it a month or so after release. With how buggy some online modes are this gen, customers will probably be used to waiting for decent online now. Plus, Mario games always have great single player so people have something to play with while they wait.

Do you think its time for future Mario games to have online multiplayer if they're from the NSMB or 3D World series?

Around the Network

According to them, they wanted to imitate the feeling you had with the original games... Yeeeah, Nintendo what the hell?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I don't want the games to take longer to make cos of a feature I don't give a damn about.

They  take so long to come out already...

It's not about laziness or technical issues. It's about Nintendo wanting to control how we play games. They're very stubborn, so if they think there's an "ideal" way to play with your friends (i.e. in a room together) they don't want to give you the option to do otherwise. This stubbornness extends to most of their series. They've made more decisions than I can count based not on what we want but on what they want us to want.

They're getting a little better, but I wouldn't count on online Mario any time soon.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Ka-pi96 said:
I disagree. Mario 64 and the two Galaxy games are some of the greatest platformers ever and were all single player. No game and certainly not Mario games need to have multiplayer to be good games.

I mean the ones that already have local multiplayer like NSMB and 3D World.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
I don't want the games to take longer to make cos of a feature I don't give a flying fuck about.

Would it be better if the online multiplayer was a free software update a month or two after the release?

Actually, if they're going to do that, they might as well apply that software update to NSMBU and 3D World right now!

NSMBU and 3D World don't have online multiplayer?

Wow, that's... surprising...

t3mporary_126 said:
curl-6 said:
I don't want the games to take longer to make cos of a feature I don't give a flying fuck about.

Would it be better if the online multiplayer was a free software update a month or two after the release?

Actually, if they're going to do that, they might as well apply that software update to NSMBU and 3D World right now!

That would be fine.  It's just their games already take so long to make these days...

curl-6 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
curl-6 said:

That would be fine.  It's just their games already take so long to make these days...

Honestly, I can't tell the difference.

The fact that it's the end of 2014 and we still have this discussion is downright embarrassing.

Of course it should be an option.