By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Have A Problem With Finishing Some Games

Recently, I've found myself not being able to finish my games. South Park, Shadow of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive, Watch Dogs, my most recent The Evil Within, and others. After I have my time with the game, I'll just all of a sudden stop playing it. I just don't have the drive to continue to play them.

I went back to Shadow of Mordor to beat so I can finally delete it to clear space off my hdd. After being away from the game, it's an extremely frustrating experience. I'm forcing myself to play and beat because I payed $60 for the game. I'm not going to waste my money by not completing it.

Does anyone go through this or have a similar issue?

Around the Network

I blame it on the games for being too repetitive. I have it mostly with RPGs, but the games you mentioned are really boring imo. Couldn't finish any of them either.
I feel like devs focus way too much on graphics instead of actual gameplay, but that might just be me...

You can just return them.

spemanig said:
You can just return them.

I don't think I can return digital games.

iceboy151 said:

I don't think I can return digital games.

Oh! Didn't notice the HDD part before. I pretty much felt the same about AC4, which I downloaded.

Around the Network
iceboy151 said:

Recently, I've found myself not being able to finish my games. South Park, Shadow of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive, Watch Dogs, my most recent The Evil Within, and others. After I have my time with the game, I'll just all of a sudden stop playing it. I just don't have the drive to continue to play them.

I went back to Shadow of Mordor to beat so I can finally delete it to clear space off my hdd. After being away from the game, it's an extremely frustrating experience. I'm forcing myself to play and beat because I payed $60 for the game. I'm not going to waste my money by not completing it.

Does anyone go through this or have a similar issue?

Sometimes I buy games that look mildly interesting or are being hyped just for the sake of buying them. Often it's those games that I struggle to finish.

Im toning down my game buying and finding that im finishing the ones I do buy and enjoying them more without the pressure of so many other incoming games.

Yea! Its quite annoying when that happens

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I never do this. Out of the games you mentioned, Shadow of Mordor and Sunset Overdrive are fantastic, why wouldn't you enjoy them???

If the game is too repetitive then I stop. I stopped AC Unity because it felt grinding. I even stopped playing DA Inquisition for a few days to take rest.

It clearly means you aren't enjoying the game anymore. That is why I tend to shy away from paying $60 for games. Instead I research them a bit more so I have a better idea of whether I will enjoy them and them a physical copy on sale that I can always resell at a slight loss.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.