By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub is the most underrated game of the year

Have you played Driveclub?

No 328 55.69%

Yes 257 43.63%

Total:585

Not my type of game but I know quality. Game looks good for its genre.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
Nate4Drake said:

DC is a fantastic arcade-sim racer.  Attention to details is insane and gameplay is great, both SP and MP.   The problem was at Launch, the game was not complete, this is why most reviewers got mad, and they were right to put down the score. After all the Hype, everybody was expecting at Launch what is ONLY AVAILABLE NOW. By the way, the game is excellent so if you decide to buy it now, you shouldn't think about what happened at Launch, but what you have and can play now, a brilliant racer.

IMO the best looking racer ever made, details details and details, just insane.

Will be getting tomorrow as its on more then 50% discount .  Adds to the  ever growing  list of games i have as well :)

That's great :)

I'm buying new games but I shouldn't, I don't have enough time to play all. It's something I can't control, if a game I like a lot is available, I have to buy it :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
dane007 said:
Nate4Drake said:

DC is a fantastic arcade-sim racer.  Attention to details is insane and gameplay is great, both SP and MP.   The problem was at Launch, the game was not complete, this is why most reviewers got mad, and they were right to put down the score. After all the Hype, everybody was expecting at Launch what is ONLY AVAILABLE NOW. By the way, the game is excellent so if you decide to buy it now, you shouldn't think about what happened at Launch, but what you have and can play now, a brilliant racer.

IMO the best looking racer ever made, details details and details, just insane.

Will be getting tomorrow as its on more then 50% discount .  Adds to the  ever growing  list of games i have as well :)

That's great :)

I'm buying new games but I shouldn't, I don't have enough time to play all. It's something I can't control, if a game I like a lot is available, I have to buy it :D

Haha  i can't say no to cheap deals when it coms to games. tend to grab them while stocks last i mean while discounts lasts lol.  Fair enough, same here. I have alot of new games and not enough time to play them all. its liek i love just collecting them to my collection lol.

GTAexpert said:
artur-fernand said:
Just a reminder, the game was supposed to be a launch title, was delayed to nearly a year later, and it still released without the dynamic weather system.
Makes your wonder what the hell is wrong with Evolution. It would probably score in the low to mid 80's if it was released complete,

That doesn't matter anymore, because weather patch is now live, and its awesome.

Yes it does matter. I prefer my games to be complete. I do not want addons to add features that should have been there at start. At most part driveclub is complete and acceptable. However look at The Master Chef Halo collection. 20gb download day one to put shit that should have been on the disc is BS. THis is th readon why I did nto and will never buy the game unless they release a full version to retail.

What is next? release a game disc with the title screen only? then every month release a level via DLC? Now for me this i a huge issue because I do not want to be making FULL HDD backups every fucking time I install DLC. If they fix this issue where I can backup updates only then I will accept thi crappy model we heading for.

This shit is unacceptable and developers should be punished for it in reviews and by the gamers. If we don't speak up what I said in the above sentence may become a reality.

d21lewis said:
Not my type of game but I know quality. Game looks good for its genre.

Fixed that for ya :)

My biggest issue is the AI. But thankfully the main meat of the game is online, though I'm yet to touch online. Once my new room is sorted out (probably Feb) this game is going to have the crap cained out of it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I just bought far cry 4 (pretty fun so far) but those pics and the fact I prefer track racers really is making me interested in this game.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

GTAexpert said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Dead Rising 3 is the most underrated game of the gen thus far imho.

Also, a lot of people talk under the false assumption that DC was killed in reviews because of the bad launch. It's even right there in the OP. But the day one and close to launch reviews all had real game play flaws like shit AI, rubberbanding, broken game mechanics, etc and had very little to say about online play.

So essentially there is no guarantee that if DC became 100% working online and reviewers took a 2nd crack at it that there'd be this massive score difference.

edit - misread title, thought it said game of this gen. Narrowing it down to 2014 only, id go Titanfall.

No matter what, Driveclub is an underrated title, as its an incredible game. Its AI isn't shit, just pretty aggressive, rubberbanding is definitely an issue but only in SP though MP is he real deal and its game mechanics are fantastic, far from being broken.

Also, no way does Titanfall deserve this title, it has got plenty of praise and is regarded well by gamers.

Reviewers apparently disagree with most of that, and a nice looking weather patch unforunately doesn't fix any of those issues.

And a game can receive praise and still be underrated.

I'm sorry, but if the game wasnt even working as intended for weeks after release, it can't be underrated. It was broken. It may be fixed now and be a good game, but its not underrated.

GTAexpert said:

No matter what, Driveclub is an underrated title, as its an incredible game. Its AI isn't shit, just pretty aggressive, rubberbanding is definitely an issue but only in SP though MP is he real deal and its game mechanics are fantastic, far from being broken.

The rubberbanding only works to a certain extent. The AI has target times and will not exceed those when you do well. They will slow down when you fall behind, try to keep up when you do well but they won't finish any faster than their target times. Believe me I tried using them to draft to record finish times, but the game won't fall for that. It's entirely possible to spend most of the race out front even on legend difficulty.

The AI is aggressive and provides a vertical learning curve for newcomers. Unforgiving is the right word, no gently easing in. Yet now I prefer racing the AI. When you drive well they don't crash into you like people online do.

SvennoJ said:
GTAexpert said:

The rubberbanding only works to a certain extent. The AI has target times and will not exceed those when you do well. They will slow down when you fall behind, try to keep up when you do well but they won't finish any faster than their target times. Believe me I tried using them to draft to record finish times, but the game won't fall for that. It's entirely possible to spend most of the race out front even on legend difficulty.

The AI is aggressive and provides a vertical learning curve for newcomers. Unforgiving is the right word, no gently easing in. Yet now I prefer racing the AI. When you drive well they don't crash into you like people online do.

The thing is the "target time" you're talking about is difficult to notice because simply I'm not a very skilled player.