By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenberg: Xbox One #1 in “Many Markets Around the World” in November; Tops Software as Well

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
MoHasanie said:
I am really curious to see if the x1 can do it twice in a row in the US cause if they could, that would be epic

I'm curious about what markets he's talking about. We already know X1 won November in the US and UK but what other countries? Canada and Mexico? Can't be anywhere in Europe or even Asia. 

Hmm, Canada would be interesting to see but too bad no one tracks Canada T_T

Interestingly enough, Amazon.ca best sellers for video games is full of amiibos so at least those are doing well in Canada loll

I saw that too. Amazon Canada's videogame best sellers list is garbage. We had the Ouya #1 . . . nuff said.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

Did MS offer big X1 discounts in Australia as well? That could explain it, although I remember reading somewhere that PS4 is much more popular there. 

Oh its for sure PS>Xbox here but its not as massive of a gap like Europe. With the launch of Halo and Xbox now being $50-100 cheaper here depending on bundles I can totally see it taking Novemeber though.

I'd be more inclined to just believe U.S. rather than the UK too

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

TheGoldenBoy said:

Interestingly enough, Amazon.ca best sellers for video games is full of amiibos so at least those are doing well in Canada loll

I saw that too. Amazon Canada's videogame best sellers list is garbage. We had the Ouya #1 . . . nuff said.

True dat! I don't think most people buy stuff from amazon.ca unlike how a lot of people buy stuff from amazon.com cause amazon.ca's prices are usually terrible

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

TheGoldenBoy said:

True dat! I don't think most people buy stuff from amazon.ca unlike how a lot of people buy stuff from amazon.com cause amazon.ca's prices are usually terrible

Agreed. I didn't get shit during Black Friday and Cyber Monday because nothing recently released was on sale.

Around the Network

doubt it even in UK its almost similar

shikamaru317 said:
I'm thinking those "many markets around the world" are just US, UK, Australia, Canada, and Brazil. Xbox One had good deals this month in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia, and Xbox One has been priced better than PS4 in Brazil since release I believe, plus Brazil got a white Halo:MCC bundle this month. Mexico maybe as well, I'm not sure how Xbox One has been doing in Mexico.

You're probably right. Everywhere else is pretty much dominated by Sony.

MoHasanie said:
I am really curious to see if the x1 can do it twice in a row in the US cause if they could, that would be epic

I'm curious about what markets he's talking about. We already know X1 won November in the US and UK but what other countries? Canada and Mexico? Can't be anywhere in Europe or even Asia. 

I think X1 is ahead in Canada. The price is the biggest factor. After the PS4's price increased to $449, its sales have dropped. Before that I remember it was almost impossible to even get a PS4. X1 on the other hand has been $399 since June and the price dropped to $349 at all stores on black Friday. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Congrats

MoHasanie said:

I think X1 is ahead in Canada. The price is the biggest factor. After the PS4's price increased to $449, its sales have dropped. Before that I remember it was almost impossible to even get a PS4. X1 on the other hand has been $399 since June and the price dropped to $349 at all stores on black Friday. 

Our economy sucks. I'm just glad I got my PS4 when it was $400.