By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU redesign - I think it's time and would boost sale.

Nintendo hasn't ever dared to do it and I don't think would ever try it!It's sad because it have done with a great success on handhelds...!:P

Around the Network

What do you mean by boost sales? Just a slight bump for a week or two? Cause that's all a redesign would do, which is why they shouldn't even bother.

tak13 said:
Nintendo hasn't ever dared to do it and I don't think would ever try it!It's sad because it have done with a great success on handhelds...!:P

they redesigned the nes, the snes and the wii...

yvanjean said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Would you people just drop this gamepadless argument!? It's so annoying...

It's not gamepadless, Gamepad just sold separately. Nintendo themself don't know how to incorporate the gamepad to make good video games. 

The gamepad is a failure, only five games come to mind that really use it NintendoLand, ZombiU, scribblenauts, Game & wario and Wii Party U.

When super smash and mario kart 8 failled to really use the gamepad that's when you know it's useless fisher price add-on. I'm sure Zelda U will use it but there will be WiiU controller Pro control option. 

No, no gamepad-less version. That won't be a Wii U. It would be a weaker, Nintendo-ish version of the twins. Rather, make the gamepad have a better battery and be able to communicate with the console from a further distance. About Mario Kart and Smash, they are new iterations of long existing franchises. They can't shoe-horn gamepad features into them just because. New games have to be built from the ground up for the game pad. And the level builder in Smash has already done a great job with the Gamepad. It shows how much better a game like Little Big Planet would be with such controls (many consider the Vita iteration to be the best version of LBP).

As for the OP, the only thing I really agree with is

6. Increase Ram and processor, Not for games performance but faster loading menu and load times

and maybe

4. WiiU without the power brick.

Points 2 and 7 are mutually exclusive unless they drop the gamepad, and I totally disagree with dropping the gamepad!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

yvanjean said:

3. WiiU without gamepad just a WiiU Controller Pro.

No. Nope. Never. No.

Speaking as someone with indie designs for the Wii-U, breaking the base would piss me off. I'm still pissed at Microsoft but its not half as bad as Nintendo doing that would be.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
tak13 said:

When?Where was I?:PShow me pics!

once the game stops or from another app then to the title screen, the disc spins and have a loud noise. not that super loud but it can be a little bit quieter i guess.

the $250 price for a better processor, ram and better HD without the gamepad? it might. like some have said bundle it with a Mature game. it might work.

tak13 said:
generic-user-1 said:
tak13 said:

what? you realy never saw a snes mini? or  the toploader nes?    and the wii got redesigned 2 times, first they cut out the gc bc with the 2011 wii, and then they cut online with the wii mini...

and the n64 had a redesign too, or atleast a realy heavy modified special pokeman edition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Family_Edition

generic-user-1 said:
tak13 said:
generic-user-1 said:
tak13 said:

what? you realy never saw a snes mini? or  the toploader nes?    and the wii got redesigned 2 times, first they cut out the gc bc with the 2011 wii, and then they cut online with the wii mini...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Family_Edition

Oooops!Thank you so much for reminding me these!I had completelly forgoten their existence!So n64 and gc are the only Nintendo home consoles which didn't have any redesign/revision.:P