By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Users (And ioi), who thinks this would be a nice addition to our site?

kingofwale said:
Stever89 said:
Because lines help show the progression of the sales totals? How do they mislead users?

But there's no progression of the sales total, PS2 has to start from 0 unit sold on, same goes for xbox 360 and all the Nintendo consoles.

Line chart is the wrong choice here, there should be a bar chart instead.

A bar graph would work, except that it would just show total sales for each system compared to all the other systems. This line graph shows each companies total sales through the generations. It's not showing one console sales from beginning to end. It works as is, and it can also be used to compare any two consoles, though a bar graph would serve better in that case.

Around the Network

I like it with the lines.. Now the only question left is what should be done with handhelds. I think you should do a separate one for handhelds

I'm really just posting this to keep the thread near the top. I like the idea of this chart. Hopefully they can add in such companies as: Atari, Intellivision, Pong, Panasonic (3DO), etc, etc.

lines.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I think it might be interesting with horizontal lines to show start and end dates.

Around the Network

It looks a lot better with the lines imo....although I would say that dotted lines for incomplete generations could highlight the fact that those positions aren't final yet. Or even better is a dotted line to an open circle etc...

To Each Man, Responsibility

It wouldn't be that great.. I mean, you can already compare consoles. Its also not really fair to compare a console thats been out a year and half to a console that's been out ten years.

I would like something to better combine consoles from the same company to compare that way. Not a bad idea.

Wow. Do you realize that in 2 to 3 more years there are going to be users on here that don't remember a Sega Console? dang.

I'm assuming the graphs would look better... I don't know, I don't really see the point, it's not showing anything but total lifetimes sales, you can find that out easily already.

What I would like to see is a updated graph system so you can compared more than 3 consoles at a time.

Thought I'd bump this.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits