By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer revisits Driveclub post Weather update

Chazore said:
teigaga said:

Retail games*With those weather fx, Driveclub shits on anything I've seen from Starcitizen in terms of looks. I have never seen a game on any hardware look so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukIr-fpt8Io

Again I've seen many a game from PC look great, you're basing your subjective opinion as if it were a hard solid fact wheras PC can and has factually put out graphically powerful games like Crysis before, you're also basing on SC's current developement compared to an actual released game that needed that cruicial patch in order to make it look what is should have been on release.

loool at all this hypothetical, non statement stuff. 

I stated one simple thing: Driveclub looks better then anything I've currently seen on any hardware. Of course when SC is finished it may look better, but its not, so I passed it on what I've seen. Of course there are a lot of great looking PC games, but do you think they look better then above? I personally haven't seen any. Yes I'm sure there are ''factually'' more demanding games but what does that have to do with ''looks''? Yes looks are subjective, which is why your first post seemed so misjudged. If you think something else looks better feel free to state it, but simply arguing the infinite power of PC is quite irrelevant. 

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Chazore said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Chazore said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I don't think theres even games on PC that look that good.

I hope that's you being comical because you do realise that people create games using a PC and not a console, Star Citizen would blow DC well out of the water with what it can do and look visually stunning and I'm not even a fan of either game but I'm not going to get the gall to say PC has no games that look any better than a single PS4 game running on obsolete hardware.

Oh I see. You're that type of PC gamer... >.>

No not really, but thanks for painting me that colour though, I'm a multiplatform gamer but I also know hardware and what it's capable of.

I didn't paint any picture. You're doing that yourself. It's pretty obvious that games are created on PC but that doesn't mean it's available on the platform itself. Many proud PC gamers even admit that DC is best they've seen thus far. And Star Citizen isn't even out yet and you're using it as an arguement?

Please don't pull that "I'm doing nothing it's only you" cop out, you specifically said "oh you're that type" implying I'm some elitist simply because I don't comply with your view of things let alone shared opinion.

The key word you have there is "some" not all, does some somehow outweigh the rest of the PC gaming audience?, Star Citizen isn't out yet but neither are the games soon to be released on most platforms and I don't see that stopping gamers getting hard ons for them, even the early stage demos like 1886, once SC releases you'll be getting PC users going even more cray for it than what they got from the start, there's even "some" console users who admit to liking the game in general and what RSI have set out to create.

Your point?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

teigaga said:
Chazore said:
teigaga said:

Retail games*With those weather fx, Driveclub shits on anything I've seen from Starcitizen in terms of looks. I have never seen a game on any hardware look so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukIr-fpt8Io

Again I've seen many a game from PC look great, you're basing your subjective opinion as if it were a hard solid fact wheras PC can and has factually put out graphically powerful games like Crysis before, you're also basing on SC's current developement compared to an actual released game that needed that cruicial patch in order to make it look what is should have been on release.

loool at all this hypothetical, non statement stuff. 

I stated one simple thing: Driveclub looks better then anything I've currently seen on any hardware. Of course when SC is finished it may look better, but its not, so I passed it on what I've seen. Of course there are a lot of great looking PC games, but do you think they look better then above? I personally haven't seen any. Yes I'm sure there are ''factually'' more demanding games but what does that have to do with ''looks''? Yes looks are subjective, which is why your first post seemed so misjudged. If you think something else looks better feel free to state it, but simply arguing the infinite power of PC is quite irrelevant. 

I can see there's no time to waste with you then with that starting statement...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Lets put it another way. There is no PC racing title that looks as good as Driveclub does. Comparing Driveclub to any PC game in terms of how good it looks is a tough call. Comparing Driveclub to any racer on PC is easy. There is nothing that looks even close to Driveclub on the PC platform. Its not "beyond" what the PC can do obviously, but there is nothing available that looks anywhere near the quality this does. Also, if and when something does come out which rivals Driveclubs graphics, it most certainly wont run in 1080p/30 on lower to middle end hardware (which is what you must compare a PS4 to, seeing as what is inside it) and look as good.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

epicurean said:
Kerotan said:
Driveclub with the updates and online that actually works is phenomenal. It's the greatest racer I've ever played. GT is still the king of sims for me but this is just so fun. Their mix between arcade and sim is just perfect. The best of both worlds. Haven't had this much fun since project gotham many moons ago. In fact it's like a spiritual successor for me. Anybody who loved that game would be mad not to get this.

Is it fun without a driving wheel?  I never play racing games so I have no idea...

Only for over a 100 hours so far :) I never play with a wheel, racing wheel plus couch just doesn't sit well. Driving feels great with the DS4, very responsive, great feedback in the rumble, no deadzone problems. The triggers are great too for applying the right amount of power and brakes in wet corners.

I agree with Kerotan, haven't had this much fun since the old Burnouts (before it got dumbed down) and PGR. In fact it's even better. Now please revive the Colin McRea series with this engine. Rally (track) racing next please.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Chazore said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Chazore said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I don't think theres even games on PC that look that good.

I hope that's you being comical because you do realise that people create games using a PC and not a console, Star Citizen would blow DC well out of the water with what it can do and look visually stunning and I'm not even a fan of either game but I'm not going to get the gall to say PC has no games that look any better than a single PS4 game running on obsolete hardware.

Oh I see. You're that type of PC gamer... >.>

No not really, but thanks for painting me that colour though, I'm a multiplatform gamer but I also know hardware and what it's capable of.

I didn't paint any picture. You're doing that yourself. It's pretty obvious that games are created on PC but that doesn't mean it's available on the platform itself. Many proud PC gamers even admit that DC is best they've seen thus far. And Star Citizen isn't even out yet and you're using it as an arguement?

Please don't pull that "I'm doing nothing it's only you" cop out, you specifically said "oh you're that type" implying I'm some elitist simply because I don't comply with your view of things let alone shared opinion.

The key word you have there is "some" not all, does some somehow outweigh the rest of the PC gaming audience?, Star Citizen isn't out yet but neither are the games soon to be released on most platforms and I don't see that stopping gamers getting hard ons for them, even the early stage demos like 1886, once SC releases you'll be getting PC users going even more cray for it than what they got from the start, there's even "some" console users who admit to liking the game in general and what RSI have set out to create.

Your point?.

My point is DC is out and running, the game you're talking about is not. Sure it looks nice but it's all speculation at this point.

kitler53 said:

and to think,.. only last year when forza 5 was launching track based games were still cool.  it's funny how cyclic these things are.  i wouldn't be surprised if by next year when forza 6 is releasing no one will give a shit about open world racers again.

Oh, but you know for certain that will be the case ...

It's going to be interesting to see how the American media manage to wriggle out of the cul-de-sac they've put themselves in with the Driveclub reviews. Gaff will have a field day if it's not convincing.

The PS5 Exists. 

Re-reviewing it seems fair although the damage has already been done and the game will probably remain a flop.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

(: congratulations Evolution. Save the hiccups, what you've accomplished here is well deserved.