By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie rallying to fix Nathaniel's 'wiped' Xbox

Ok, by now we all know the story of the guy who took his 360 all over the world and got signatures from tons of famous devs, only to send it in to MS to get fixed and have them all wiped off.  Well, Bungie is 'looking into something' to help that guy out now.

Bungie to the Rescue in Wiped Xbox Fiasco

Company flexes its muscle to set things right for one lucky gamer.
By Mark Whiting, 03/04/2008
Hey, remember Nathaniel from last week? Sure you do. He was the sad gamer who had his carefully cultivated and hand-signed Xbox 360 faceplates completely (and hopefully accidentally) wiped away by Microsoft customer service.

Well he's back in the news, though this time around the news is good. As reported on Next-Gen, Bungie -- long beloved by the community for supporting its fan base like few others -- has decided to step up and make things right for Nathaniel and his unhappily blank console.

While the company itself has been somewhat coy on the specific nature of the help involved, Bungie Community Director Brian Jarrard was able to confirm that "something is afoot" over at HQ.

"Our team and the community as a whole is rallying to help fix this unfortunate situation" he said. "It's been awesome to see such an outpouring of sympathy and support from our community. We can't replace the exact item that was lost but, but we should come very close. I think when it's all said and done, justice will prevail."

So there you have it. We don't know exactly what the guys have in mind for Nathaniel, but hopefully it'll be enough to leave the man satisfied. Never let it be said that a company like Bungie forgets the fans who put them on the map in the first place.

What do you guys think they'll be doing?  Sending him some autographed Halo stuff?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

They'll just send some signed stuff like you said.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Send him full body shots of the entire development staff of bungie.

Just the guys, though.

Signed? I guess? Maybe...

i would demand a free live subscription and a free copy of gears 2.

but damn. microsoft really cares about their gaming community.

CaptainPrefrences said:
i would demand a free live subscription and a free copy of gears 2.

but damn. microsoft really cares about their gaming community.

that would be bungie reaching out.... big difference.

lol. 

Around the Network

Another case of Bungie going above and beyond for their fanbase. Gotta love those guys.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

They should give him another autographed case. or something awesome, maybe also a Halo mask with all the autographs from all the game designers.

I think Microsoft should do something as well.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

^ No, they should use their ENORMOUS amounts of $$$$$$ to build a time machine, go back in time, and save his console.....

ORRRRRR...... THEY SHOULD MAKE A GAME CALLED HALO 4 AND GIVE IT TO HIM AND ONLY HIM!!!!

I wonder if Bungie might be willing to part with a full Master Chief set of armor... that's signed by all the major Bungie contributors.

That would be sweet...

crumas2 said:
I wonder if Bungie might be willing to part with a full Master Chief set of armor... that's signed by all the major Bungie contributors.

That would be sweet...

or give him the waxed model, that'd be AWESOME!

or.. give him a guest apparence on their next project. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)