By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 might be killing its first dev soon.

Bring it to PC too. Try to get as much potential customers as possible.

Around the Network

This is bound to sell at least 200k, especially when the Vita versions do recently well by themselves.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I could never seem to get into the Disgaea games. One day I will force myself to like them. To me they feel like I'm playing a game with a bunch of little things that are just ok thrown into a pile. Instead of having one really good thing. It's like having a bunch of just ok little toys, instead of the really awesome one toy.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
ktay95 said:
Jazz2K said:
badgenome said:
Jazz2K said:
Why don't they also release on WiiU and PS3/360 then...

Good plan. That way they can be out of business in six months instead of in one year.

So bigger user base = less sales?

Bigger user base = more cost = less profit.

As crazy as this may sound to you its on PS4 because they are doing stuff they couldnt do on PS3. And the only consoles this is really going to sell on are PS consoles.

Yeah I just watched the trailer for this game and I don't think this is true at all. Unless I'm missing something and someone can point out to me what exactly this game is doing that the PS3 can't do.  Maybe tesselation and sub surface scattering up the wazoo or something.  Because if it's just resolution and framerate, that can be cut, it's a strategy/tactics game after all.

This really should have been a PS family thing, PS3/PS4/PSVita.  I doubt this game will hit 50k lifetime in the PS4's current or forseeable future state.  I don't even have much faith in Bloodborne.

DerNebel said:
Jazz2K said:
badgenome said:

Good plan. That way they can be out of business in six months instead of in one year.

No. More platforms = higher dev costs.

It's a risk they take by developing for multiple platform yes, but it's also a risk to develop for a single platform. 

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Jazz2K said:

You've been here long enough to know that bigger user base =/= more sales and that total user base =/= active user base.

Yes I know that. But a higher user base increase your chance of selling more copies you can't deny that. Ask Acti to make COD exclusive to one platform and see how it works for them. 

Fuck Disgaea, we get tons of sequels for this crap and it's ALWAYS localized.
Meanwhile, the GOOD rpg's are ignored, and several promissing franchises are in limbo or dead (Suikoden, The Legend of Dragoon, Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Breath of Fire, Xenogears, I could go on and on).

FUCK DISGAEA. I HATE this game.

Oh, and fuck Hyperdimension Neptunia too. Fuck.

ktay95 said:
Jazz2K said:

Bigger user base = more cost = less profit.

As crazy as this may sound to you its on PS4 because they are doing stuff they couldnt do on PS3. And the only consoles this is really going to sell on are PS consoles.

It's ok if it sells mainly to PS user. But why are they complaining about possible sells if they choose to release on one platform only? It wouldn't be Bloodborne's fault but their own. 

OMG! NIS whats happening to ya? D:

BraLoD said:
artur-fernand said:
Fuck Disgaea, we get tons of sequels for this crap and it's ALWAYS localized.
Meanwhile, the GOOD rpg's are ignored, and several promissing franchises are in limbo or dead (Suikoden, The Legend of Dragoon, Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Breath of Fire, Xenogears, I could go on and on).

FUCK DISGAEA. I HATE this game.

Oh, and fuck Hyperdimension Neptunia too. Fuck.

Not you man, not you D:

Well, sorry 'bout that. And it's not like I have any prejudice with the game, I've tried one of them (some on the PSP I don't know, who cares) and couldn't stand it. But yep, this thing always has new games. Something like Grandia is DEAD by now. Not ever some tiny little rumor about Grandia IV, NOTHING.

But don't take it too seriously, I'm more pissed about the situation than the franchise itself. I know how it is to see your favorite games being bashed by some random dude on the internet. Believe me.