By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamefreak should make a Pokemon game with all gens included

That would make too much money, so they probably won't do it soon.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
In Heartgold and Soulsilver, the Johto league levels capped at 50, even though they usually start above 50 in other games, because they needed to put into account the other region's level progression. The highest level IS 100

Now multiply that problem by 5.

Level 20 Pokemon Leagues confirmed.

What's wrong in making the locations level adaptable? It checks your pokemon. And acoringly sets everyone. So what if you're playing through 3 more locations fighting level 80-100 trainers/leagues. It's still difficult.

Oh my fucking god, not this again. I'd be a goddamn trillionaire if I got a penny for every time I heard this idea... I hear it so much that it pisses me off. It's never going to happen and I hope its never even considered. This idea is the "Ridley" of the Pokemon series

Just play one of those ROM hacks.

StarOcean said:

Oh my fucking god, not this again. I'd be a goddamn trillionaire if I got a penny for every time I heard this idea... I hear it so much that it pisses me off. It's never going to happen and I hope its never even considered. This idea is the "Ridley" of the Pokemon series

First time I even thought about it was yesterday :P. Being the greedy consumer that I am, I would just rather have all pokemon one game. Rather then wait every 2 years for a remaster of each gen. I mean on the 3DS you cannot play red, blue or yellow.

In the end though it is probably about the money. Gamefreak has more to gain by selling a remaster every 2 years then a complete collection once.

Around the Network

Not this again. GameFreak would only do this if..... no. They just won't.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

archer9234 said:
Smear-Gel said:
In Heartgold and Soulsilver, the Johto league levels capped at 50, even though they usually start above 50 in other games, because they needed to put into account the other region's level progression. The highest level IS 100

What's wrong in making the locations level adaptable? It checks your pokemon. And acoringly sets everyone. So what if you're playing through 3 more locations fighting level 80-100 trainers/leagues. It's still difficult.

Using HGSS's level progression, you'd still be at level 90+ by Hoenn. Unless you want all regions to be stripped of everything.

Smear-Gel said:
archer9234 said:
Smear-Gel said:

Using HGSS's level progression, you'd still be at level 90+ by Hoenn. Unless you want all regions to be stripped of everything.

Didn't I just say that? Does it matter that you play the remaining regions at level 100. If everyone is at level 100. They could even allow a level increase cap during the story progression. While you go through each region the max level is 300. When you complete, everything defaults back to 100. They do it in certain battle modes for the games. Do it for the story mode as well.

archer9234 said:
Smear-Gel said:
archer9234 said:
Smear-Gel said:

Didn't I just say that? Does it matter that you play the remaining regions at level 100. If everyone is at level 100. They could even allow a level increase cap during the story progression. While you go through each region the max level is 300. When you complete, everything defaults back to 100. They do it in certain battle modes for the games. Do it for the story mode as well.

Increasing the the level gap is a bad idea, because that means changing the stats and movesets for every single pokemon and move and reqorking a tonne of stuff for one game. If the game needs to change a fundamental part of the series to exist, maybe it shouldnt. And bringing the levels to 300 then defaulting back to 100 makes no sense, because all the moves pokemon learnt between 100 and 300 would become unavailable. A large part of the game is training. Having everything maxed out removes another huge part of the series formula. I just dont see either of those as very good ideas.

Smear-Gel said:
archer9234 said:
Smear-Gel said:
archer9234 said:
Smear-Gel said:

Increasing the the level gap is a bad idea, because that means changing the stats and movesets for every single pokemon and move and reqorking a tonne of stuff for one game. If the game needs to change a fundamental part of the series to exist, maybe it shouldnt. And bringing the levels to 300 then defaulting back to 100 makes no sense, because all the moves pokemon learnt between 100 and 300 would become unavailable. A large part of the game is training. Having everything maxed out removes another huge part of the series formula. I just dont see either of those as very good ideas.

It's done in those multiplayer modes. And doesn't break the game. I can happily fight with a level 100 Caterpie against something. It's a laugh. But it doesn't break your Pokemon. Nor when my level 100 Swampert is reduced to 30. And would you have to learn new moves at those levels? You don't need too. You're in post game. The regions aren't gonna have the entire stories. We're not gonna be fighting every enemy team at full capactiy. Nor deal with all the side quests.