By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Won’t Run@60FPS Because Of Technical Limitations

I was gonna buy a PS4 for this game but now I guess I don't have to. Can't believe they have the nerve to release a broken game =/

In all seriousness, I couldn't care less whether it's 30 or 60 FPS. I just want a stable game that meets my expectations in terms of story and gameplay. Give me that and Sony can have my money because this and Uncharted 4 are currently the only games I'm interested in.

Around the Network
BossPuma said:
VanceIX said:
30fps is perfectly fine for the type of game that it is, I'm just happy it looks so damn good.

I disagree. These types of games benefit from better responsiveness, since it relies on split second reactions. Dark Souls 2 benefited from 60 fps (on pc) and Dark Souls 2 especially with mods (blighttown is much less frustrating).

I agree with your dissagreement of the initial post.

Acevil said:
kitler53 said:
you guys and your obsession with 60 faps per second. i'll never understand...

The thing is I don't really care for 60, I am not the biggest fan of 30 because 30 still can go downwards sadly. I would say if they created 40-50 level. It would Satisfy me greatly.

45 fps probably wouldnt be so bad if modern displays didnt make the game jutter if not at a framerate multiple of 30.  40-50 fps is very uncomfortable to play unless using a g-sync monitor

PS4 can do 60 fps easily. Sony just doesn't want to: graphics are more marketable. Remember people, 30 fps is better for action games.

30 fps is better for action games.

true_fan said:
Looks like Shahid Kamal died again. Pretty suprising the 50% more powerful ps4 superconsole is still having trouble reaching 1080p 60fps with exclusives.

What does the PS4's GPU advantage have to do with anything? The X1 could probably run Bloodborne at 1080p/30fps too, far be it they'd need to more heavily optimize the game. From Software aren't known for their graphics tech or optimizations skills lol. Comparing a near release build of Bloodborne to Uncharted 4's pre-alpha stage should make that clear.

On a side note, the PS4's GPU is 40% 'more powerful', not 50%. The 50% figure is in reference to the number of shaders both have, but the X1's are clocked slightly higher (1152x800Mhz vs 768x853Mhz). That doesn't include things like the PS4's 6 extra ACE units or higher GPGPU capabilities, but it's hard to quantify that stuff. Not that we really need to right now; it will be a few years before we see the effects of such things.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
true_fan said:
Looks like Shahid Kamal died again. Pretty suprising the 50% more powerful ps4 superconsole is still having trouble reaching 1080p 60fps with exclusives.

What does the PS4's GPU advantage have to do with anything? The X1 could probably run Bloodborne at 1080p/30fps too, far be it they'd need to more heavily optimize the game. From Software aren't known for their graphics tech or optimizations skills lol. Comparing a near release build of Bloodborne to Uncharted 4's pre-alpha stage should make that clear.

On a side note, the PS4's GPU is 40% 'more powerful', not 50%. The 50% figure is in reference to the number of shaders both have, but the X1's are clocked slightly higher (1152x800Mhz vs 768x853Mhz). That doesn't include things like the PS4's 6 extra ACE units or higher GPGPU capabilities, but it's hard to quantify that stuff. Not that we really need to right now; it will be a few years before we see the effects of such things.

It was a hit and run comment. Contributed nothing to the discussion other than to stir the pot and start a console war. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Zekkyou said:
true_fan said:

It was a hit and run comment. Contributed nothing to the discussion other than to stir the pot and start a console war. 

No actually my point is to highlight how foolish all the 1080p 60fps crap is. This subject was perpetuated by sony execs, expcially Shadid Kamal. They used 1080p 60fps to put ps4 on a pedastal and slam XB1, while riling up the ps4 fanbase.  Now that almost every exclusive on ps4 is 1080p 30fps, they are victim to thier own follishness. Heck it has stretched industry wide, where no one even cares about the game anymore, it's all about specs no one would know if they weren't told.

Played it at PSE, game is awesome.

true_fan said:

No actually my point is to highlight how foolish all the 1080p 60fps crap is. This subject was perpetuated by sony execs, expcially Shadid Kamal. They used 1080p 60fps to put ps4 on a pedastal and slam XB1, while riling up the ps4 fanbase.  Now that almost every exclusive on ps4 is 1080p 30fps, they are victim to thier own follishness. Heck it has stretched industry wide, where no one even cares about the game anymore, it's all about specs no one would know if they were told.

Everyone knows Shadid Kamal is full of shit. Taking him seriously is like taking Major Nelson seriously. We can't just flip the switch after all :p

All Sony themselves have ever said is that the PS4 is more capable of hitting 1080p/60fps than the X1, which is true. It's up to the developer to decide it they actually want to hit 1080p/60fps, or if they'd rather use the other 50ms of render time for different things. The PS4 could be twice as power as it is now and 30fps would still be a commonly used frame-rate.

curl-6 said:

Well, PS4's a $400 console, not a high end gaming PC, it has its limits.

I wish more people on the internet were as rational as you. According to the internet every game is "downgraded" and looks terrible.