By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony proves Vita lives on - 16 Vita games announced at PSX

MikeRox said:
bigtakilla said:

Name one major announcement you can't get anywhere else.

Why is it so important? Surely the question is do you want it portable or not? This whole your game will work on a home console or a portable system is amazing. I don't need exclusivity, I want accessibility to my games however I want them.

Okay, that's great for you, and you probably already own a Vita. No major exclusive game is not going to get anyone who hasn't already considered buying a Vita to change their mind though, and still makes it increadibly hard to prefer the lineup to a lineup of a console that has nothing but exclusives (unless like I say you only like Sony games and don't like anything the Wii U offers).

That said there are obviously those people out there, but sales of the two consoles show more people would rather have exclusives than a handheld with titles they already have and played, or can get elsewhere and play.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Jon_Talbain said:
Out of everything on the list, RE: Revelations 2 surprised me the most. I was hoping for some type of RE on the Vita for a long time. I do wish it could have been some exclusives made, but with the way the Vita has been handled, it is great it is getting any support at all in the US.

It's a strange one. I'm not going to complain, it goes some way to making up for the cancelled PSP RE. However, it's very strange, that it was leaked as a TGS announcement. I wonder if Sony decided to get Capcom to hold back so there was a major franchise to announce at PSX.

Looks like there is going to be some exclusive Vita (PS TV?) content to Disney Infinity 2.0.

I was also waiting for a PSP RE back in the day and it was very disappointing when it never came out. It was equally disappointing with Devil May Cry: Dance of Sparda never seemed to be real either. I am still hoping one day for a true Vita Monster Hunter and maybe it could still help with some things.  I may have to check out that exclusive content on Disney Infinity too. The only character I have been interested in playing so far is Rocket Raccoon.

A wolf wandering through the dark....

That list is nice and all, but I'd much rather prefer Type-O, and full games like Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts R. Most these will be PS+ downloads for me at some point.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

RolStoppable said:

[...]

I am talking about the original post. This one reminds me of your top 20 Vita games thread. I mean, people know that the original poster wants it to be a positive message, but exactly the same content could be posted by someone who wanted to troll the Vita.

Correct, but this very thing is also a further proof that... It Only Does Everything!!!   

Now PSV only needs to prove it can be an Ouya too and nothing will stop it anymore in its way to Universe domination!!!!!

/thread
/internet
/world
/solar system
/local interstellar cloud
/local bubble
/orion-cygnus arm
/milky way
/local group
/supercluster
/universe

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

bigtakilla said:
MikeRox said:
bigtakilla said:

Name one major announcement you can't get anywhere else.

Why is it so important? Surely the question is do you want it portable or not? This whole your game will work on a home console or a portable system is amazing. I don't need exclusivity, I want accessibility to my games however I want them.

Okay, that's great for you, and you probably already own a Vita. No major exclusive game is not going to get anyone who hasn't already considered buying a Vita to change their mind though, and still makes it increadibly hard to prefer the lineup to a lineup of a console that has nothing but exclusives (unless like I say you only like Sony games and don't like anything the Wii U offers).

That said there are obviously those people out there, but sales of the two consoles show more people would rather have exclusives than a handheld with titles they already have and played, or can get elsewhere and play.

Sales are much more complicated than that. The ps4 had port after port and mostly multiplats yet has destroyed the wiiu ever since it launched, despite the wiiu exclusives being highly praised by critics and fans alike. So what does that tell us? That people want ports and multiplats instead of award winning exclusive games?

Again, when Tearaway and Killzone Mercenaries were released for the vita, the hardware sales did not see much of bump. Then the very late Bordelands 2 port was released and that pushed more hardware than the two of them combined. 

In other words, sales can be misleading. 

Around the Network
naruball said:
bigtakilla said:

Sales are much more complicated than that. The ps4 had port after port and mostly multiplats yet has destroyed the wiiu ever since it launched, despite the wiiu exclusives being highly praised by critics and fans alike. So what does that tell us? That people want ports and multiplats instead of award winning exclusive games?

Again, when Tearaway and Killzone Mercenaries were released for the vita, the hardware sales did not see much of bump. Then the very late Bordelands 2 port was released and that pushed more hardware than the two of them combined. 

In other words, sales can be misleading. 

True, most of what the PS4 has is ports, but it DOES have must have games coming to it, and Sony has been very generous to let it be very well known. Add that to the disasterous XBone launch and Nintendo stumbling to release anything stellar their first year and the surprise of it all goes down a little.

There are several other smaller reasons of why the PS4 is doing so well which all add up to the success it has, but just throwing out the major one. The Wii U coming back from being outsold by the Vita to actually leaving the Vita in the dust tell us they should have had a few of those amazing 1st party titles a little sooner. If that would have happened and Nintendo got more people on board at the beginning, third party devs may have felt the need to get on board.

It would be interesting to see where the Wii U would have been, had Nintendo not completely screwed up the launch window and had some decent momentum beyond the system's first quarter.

However naruball's point still stands, that a late multiplatform port, gave the hardware a bigger sales boost than 2 "high profile" and at least 1 AAA title managed to muster despite being exclusive (and much better games, KillZone Merc is the best portable FPS by a huge margin).

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

still not any of the big games I've been hoping for for years.

Waiting for a lower price and a wider choice of racers. What a shame, beacause it's the only portable that I really like, controls, screen and form factor and size are just the best I ever tried for my tastes, my hands and the way I grip portables, phones, controls in general (PSP, instead, slightly smaller and with a different position of the analog sticks, gave me quickly hand cramps playing games with many controls, of the game I tried on it I enjoyed only LBP, and I find DS and 3DS not terrible but neither particularly good, for what concerns these aspects, that in portables, unlike on home consoles and desktop PCs, can't be changed, and I prefer to switch off 3D on 3DS, while about games I can be happy with third parties and some Sony first parties or exclusives like GT, LBP and Uncharted, but last time I tried I liked Ninty first parties on arcades and home consoles, but I hated them on portables).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!