By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony proves Vita lives on - 16 Vita games announced at PSX

Ninsect said:
bigtakilla said:
Jranation said:
Nettles said:

Am i the only one who prefers this lineup to WiiUs 2015 lineup?

It depends if you like nintendo franchises. If not, then the Vita is better.....

That would pretty much be the only way. Even in you like the games for both systams, I think it would be hard to be more excited about games you can mostly get now on other consoles which consists of 90% of the titles here.

Even with those announced games there still just isn't that game that makes people say "I have to get a Vita". Nintendo on the other hand has a few games releasing next year that are going to give the console a boost in sales, Legend of Zelda being the main one. I can also see Star Fox moving some systems (if done right) and Xenoblade Chronicles X giving a small boost (though I don't see these two making any significant impact) keeping consoles sold in the hundreds of thousands with any luck. I could give a much better prediction of Star Fox's impact if they would show the freaking game off.

Like most of this year, I don't see the Vita even selling in the 100s of thousands at any consistant rate unless E3 (or some other gaming conference) shows something vasly more substantial to the Vita's library than what is already known.

It's not exactly fair to compare a few announcements made at one event to WiiU's entire library for the next year... Vita already had plenty of games coming in 2015 and now it has 16 more, not just 16.

Name one major announcement you can't get anywhere else.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

Name one major announcement you can't get anywhere else.

Why is it so important? Surely the question is do you want it portable or not? This whole your game will work on a home console or a portable system is amazing. I don't need exclusivity, I want accessibility to my games however I want them.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

RolStoppable said:
Nowadays it's really hard to tell the difference between a genuine pro-Vita thread and a Vita troll thread.

I guess it's because there is no difference.

Vita gets trolled whether it's good news or bad news. We know this.

RolStoppable said:

I am talking about the original post. This one reminds me of your top 20 Vita games thread. I mean, people know that the original poster wants it to be a positive message, but exactly the same content could be posted by someone who wanted to troll the Vita.

I know, pretty much any Vita news can be read as either good or bad news.

Cool. Another 16 is good enough for a system struggling like The Vita. I love it. Will take what I can get. Hope it sells as much as possible to keep it alive.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Man, what an amazing line up of first party games.

Sony is really pushing their great IPs on Vita.

Nobody said they were first party, well one of them is. Do you only enjoy first party games?

3rd party is fine, there just isn't much there to get excited about. Unless you really want portable indie games.

16 games announced, mostly niche, and few take advantage of the Vita hardware.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ninsect said:
  • MLB:The Show 15 to Vita
  • Geometry Wars 3 to Vita
  • Bastion to Vita
  • Need For Speed:Most Wanted free for limited time for 20th Anniversary
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Suikoden 1 & 2 to Vita on December 9th (NA)
  • TowerFall Ascension to Vita
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch to Vita
  • Super Time Force Ultra to Vita
  • The Banner Saga to Vita
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
  • Grim Fandango Remastered on Jan 27th
  • Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition
  • Severed to Vita
  • Darkest Dungeon to Vita
Most of them are either known to be very good or assumed to become good!

hmmm...so...most are a bunch of indies...LAME!

but...Day of the Tentacle = AWESOME! dont care if its not exclusive as long as I get to play it... Loved that game... Reminds me of how I went crazy trying to find the keys to the ........ which, after 2 weeks of searching with no progress i accidentally found at the ........ YEAH!!!!

celador said:
Just because they are ports shouldn't mean the support isn't appreciated. These games may essentially be exclusive for many people who don't game on PC or have another PS console

I can't imagine a person owning a Vita but not a ps3 or ps4.  I'm sure this exists but must be less than 20% of vita owners.

MikeRox said:
RolStoppable said:

I am talking about the original post. This one reminds me of your top 20 Vita games thread. I mean, people know that the original poster wants it to be a positive message, but exactly the same content could be posted by someone who wanted to troll the Vita.

I know, pretty much any Vita news can be read as either good or bad news.

Indies on a system that originaly promised a "home console experience" on the go is never good news...NEVER!

Except for the day of the tentacle thing...I loved that game. 

bowserthedog said:
celador said:
Just because they are ports shouldn't mean the support isn't appreciated. These games may essentially be exclusive for many people who don't game on PC or have another PS console

I can't imagine a person owning a Vita but not a ps3 or ps4.  I'm sure this exists but must be less than 20% of vita owners.

Hi, I'm part of that assumed 20% your talking about and all I can say is...INDIES? unnngh! I have my tab3 for those kind of games...

But NFS was a welcome surprise. downloaded it as soon as i saw it free. plus day of the tentacle is great...the others? could care less if they came to the vita or not...well...maybe RE but meh...