By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Nintendo hit their 2015 FY Wii U target?

Will it hit its target?

Yes 121 72.02%

No 28 16.67%

Bacon tatses good! 19 11.31%

Total:168

Can't see it being an issue to be honest.
Not saying they'll cruise past that mark, because they won't. But they will in fact reach it.

Around the Network

I was honestly shocked at last night's NPD info on Wii U sales. Only being up 10% in the US YoY when Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros are available, and 3D World is bundled in with the system... that's just not good news, any way you slice it. I hope sales increase throughout December, and I think they will since Nintendo hardware in particular are popular gift items for kids and families.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
I was honestly shocked at last night's NPD info on Wii U sales. Only being up 10% in the US YoY when Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros are available, and 3D World is bundled in with the system... that's just not good news, any way you slice it. I hope sales increase throughout December, and I think they will since Nintendo hardware in particular are popular gift items for kids and families.

So far for Oct + Dec it's looking like WiiU is exactly flat YOY.

Everyone thought they were on track for a 3m holiday shipment but looks like unless we see big gains in December it'll be 2 - 2.5m again.

Seece said:
Not sure now, they're basically flat YOY so far, and only shipped 1.95m last holiday Q.

Well let's see, Apr-Sept is 1.12 million.

If this quarter shipments are flat that equels-3.07 million

If this quarter shipments are up 10% that equels-3.27 million

I doubt it will be down and I doubt it will be much better than 10% so Q4 would need to sell 330-530k which is completely possible.

If I had to make a guess, I would say Wii U will surpass their goals by 150 -300k.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If they don't i'm moving to Antarctica.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
If they don't i'm moving to Antarctica.

Take me with you!:( :P

I picked the "Bacon tatses good!" option ...

On a serious note though, I'm not exactly so sure that they will reach their shipped target ... If we assume that there is a 200K unit spacing in between the sold and shipped numbers that will leave us with roughly 1.4m units to work with.

For December, I'm expecting some decrease in hardware sales compared last year. I don't think the gains from Europe will be able to offset the loss of sales from Japan judging by last years numbers. 900K seems like a good estimate considering how things are trending. As per Q1 of next year, I also expect a decrease compared to this year's Q1 numbers which did less than the year before it ...

The WII U did about 500K this year for it's Q1 so it's probable that it could do less than that for next year's Q1 ...

I give a 50-50 for that scenario ...

I think they will. Probably land at about 4M

Easily
But could have gotten to that faster if Smash was bundled...

I'm sure they'll make it, if not, somewhere close.