By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4: Undertracked by 475.000 at least. 16.6m

You use VGChartz numbers to disprove VGchartz numbers? Seems logical.

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Where are you getting your Wii figures from? If that's from vgc then its a bit weird to use vgc data to disprove vgc data. If you get what i mean?

Lol, Exactly what I typed

Shipped? Unless a company says "sold to consumers" or "in homes" or something similar then whenever they talk about sales they are talking about sold to retailers. And how exactly would Sony know the precise sold to consumers number of the Wii U after 55 (or even 52) weeks? The only truly accurate number they would have is Wii shipments in the same timeframe (unless they are secretly using VGC sales). Given supply constraints for Wii it is highly likely that PS4 shipments>Wii while Wii sales to consumers>PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

nanarchy said:
LordLichtenstein said:
CosmicSex said:
Guys, don't take the estimations here so seriously. Every NPD we see disparity so under what circumstances would VGC be spot on?

I am not expecting VGC estimations to be spot on, but they should take Shawn Laydens quote into consideration, and adjust PS4's numbers so they are higher, than Wii's in this point in time.

How can you possibly make any adjustment based on a vague statement that provides no numbers and no timeframe? this is as bad a statement as MS's "almost 10 million" and then asking MS numbers to be adjusted up based on it.

I understand what you are saying here, but my statement is more basic than that.  If Shawn said they are the fast selling console in history, it probably is, but that doesn't mean that we should automatically expect ioi to be 100% accurate.  I am saying that I think people don't understand what an estimation is.   Its just not reasonable to assume that he can track sales in 100 countries.  Even if he is off by 1 million, I think people should keep in mind that an estimation is an estimation.  We saw this with his Wii U projections just a few months ago.  So yes, the PS4 is most likely undertracked, but I think we should at least give him a week or so to compensate for new information.