By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V - PS4 will be only console it will EVER release on

KazumaKiryu said:
Tbone said:

Awesome boxart

so beautiful!

Love the symmetry they have going, it's unusual.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
So to sum up, Street Fighter V will come the other consoles with the word ultra, super, extra, amazeballs etc added into the title, with an extra character, some sort of roster change etc 6-12 months after it comes to PS4.

This is a great get for Sony, lets not make it more of less than what it is!

You wanna make a bet? SV5 won't show up on the Xbox One in any form 12 months after it's released on the PS4. You seem confident, are you confident enough though?

starcraft said:
So to sum up, Street Fighter V will come the other consoles with the word ultra, super, extra, amazeballs etc added into the title, with an extra character, some sort of roster change etc 6-12 months after it comes to PS4.

Didn't you and I have like 800 arguments on whether or not Tomb Raider would come to PS4? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

For Street Fighter 5, Capcom said they did not have the staff or budget for it. And also, Financially Capcom was up for purchase this year, meaning in need of money. Sony funded this game, and Funded Cross Platform Play. They also funded Street Fighter 4 Ultra port for PS4 with their own Third party Production group. PlayStation Blog has more info and Neogaf as well, that it was Co-developed with Sony, and they reached out with Steam for Cross Play. Street Fighter 5 would not have been made according to Ono without Sony's help.

Remember Portal 2 days?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Fusioncode said:
starcraft said:

Didn't you and I have like 800 arguments on whether or not Tomb Raider would come to PS4? 

No?

I think we both agreed it remains possible the game will come to PS4.

What we argued about was whether that was set in stone.

It isn't, just like it isn't with SFV.

But its likely in both instances

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
KylieDog said:
Tbone said:

Tekken 7? since when?

I think only a PS4 release date was given, or confirmed.

THAT'S the game I think makes the most sense being PS4 exclusive, given its roots firmly with the brand!

dont think the two are that different. Fact is both series are more popular on Sony systems.

starcraft said:

No it won't. It will never come to XOne, it was expressly stated in the conference. There is no chance XOne owners will ever play Street Fighter 5 in any shape or form...

Funny how your logic works, I remember you defending the TR "full-exclusivity" corner very strongly, when even less definitive words were spoken about it.

From what I have come to understand this is like the Titanfall deal and not the Tomb Raider Deal.

And as such the chance of the original Street Fighter V coming to other consoles is 0%.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

starcraft said:
Fusioncode said:
starcraft said:

No?

I think we both agreed it remains possible the game will come to PS4.

What we argued about was whether that was set in stone.

It isn't, just like it isn't with SFV.

But its likely in both instances

You were pretty adamant on proving that Tomb Raider wouldn't release on the PS4, or any other platform. Even going as far as to post tweets where Phil Spencer says things like the deal they had with Square is similar to the deal MS had with Capcom on Dead Rising 3.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6583223

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6583262

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6593469

So the thread title on the Tomb Raider thread is misleading, even when Phil said the deal has a duration, but Sony explicitly said PS4 will be the only ever CONSOLE SV5 releases on and you doubt them?

Well I don't know what to say.

KylieDog said:
KazumaKiryu said:
Tbone said:

Awesome boxart

so beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9dg8PI2sEg

Haha, that was funny.