By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad Thoughts

Has anyone purchased Captain Toad yet? What are your thoughts?

Also, how is amiibo used?

Gaming since 1990

Around the Network

That's how I'm going to buy it too. Its under 1500 MB.

I just saw on another forum that amiibo is only used to unlock outfits, which is rather disappointing. The game still looks great though and I enjoyed the demo!

Gaming since 1990

I've to wait till the release in Europe, but I was curious about the use of amiibo in this title too. Would be great if it unlock new levels, based on the amiibo which have been used. We have to wait till an Nintendo Direct gives us more information I guess..

The soundtrack is amazing though.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQWz7Y_QbVVwWbbp6fwavUIC9M8NhKaho

DarthBulborb said:

I've to wait till the release in Europe, but I was curious about the use of amiibo in this title too. Would be great if it unlock new levels, based on the amiibo which have been used. We have to wait till an Nintendo Direct gives us more information I guess..

The soundtrack is amazing though.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQWz7Y_QbVVwWbbp6fwavUIC9M8NhKaho

Not really, that would mean they took out levels from the game and would make people spent $100s of dollars to play all of the levels.

Hmm that;s true. But what would make sense? costumes? :'')

Around the Network

Seems like a cool game to me, but I haven't bought it myself.

I have it and love it! It's a great puzzle game and is honestly one of the prettiest games on the Wii U. Some of its texture detail and ALL of its lighting is superior to Super Mario 3D World. It's full of charm and constantly has me smiling anytime I play it...while still offering some legitimate challenge in later levels (particularly if you're trying to collect everything and complete each level 100%. As for Amiibo, I don't believe it has been announced what functionality they will have yet. All I know is that they said Amiibo support for it wouldn't come until 2015. Currently there is none.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

A few days ago I finally had the opportunity to buy Captain Toad in Europe. A very sweet game, a bit too easy but still a lot of fun. But I'm curious which amiibo will be used and how. I also noticed some 8-bit Luigi's :)

For those who are interested, I've made some gameplay videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbC-RuLhB6E&index=1&list=PLQWz7Y_QbVVwRowi2WTM7x0uBY78J-dkH

Anyone pick up the Toad amiibo yet and play the bonus levels? I've picked up the amiibo but havent had a chance to play yet

Gaming since 1990

the kids would love it but would wait maybe by the next year. Trying to lessen my wishlist of games this year.