By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Makes Huge Error ?

How big a mistake is this?

it isnt one 71 52.99%

minor mistake, wont hurt sales 29 21.64%

it will hinder sales but nothing huge 18 13.43%

it will significantly hur... 16 11.94%

Total:134

Did Sony San Diego just make a huge mistake with its MLB The show franchise?

The developers of this lauded franchise just revealed the cover for their next installment, MLB 15 The Show, and it does not appear to be well recieved.

The much hated, Yasiel Puig was just announced and the next player to grace the cover of this great baseball video game series.

Yasiel Puig is largely seen as an over hyped arrogant and disrespectful player. One who gets in trouble a lot, and disrespects the game, not playing it the "right way".

and looking at Sony San Diego's facebook page, it seems they are taking lots of flak for this decision, and are dissapointing loyal fans of the series.

Could this hurt sales in any significant matter?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=912404105439515

Around the Network

Ehh idk will just change the cover. It's not like he killed someone damn!!

It won't matter in the long run. People are making a fuss now, but the closer it gets to launch the less the cover athlete matters (not that it matters in the first place).

TheGoldenBoy said:
It won't matter in the long run. People are making a fuss now, but the closer it gets to launch the less the cover athlete matters (not that it matters in the first place).

Plus, you can make custom covers. Nobody cared when sherman was on the cover of Madden, so why care now?

Fun fact: nobody actually cares who is on the cover.

Around the Network
manny10032 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Plus, you can make custom covers. Nobody cared when sherman was on the cover of Madden, so why care now?

Exactly. Someone can change if they really wanted to. It's only really there for fan service.

for i moment i thought it was something serious...

I don't watch baseball, so I gotta ask, whose family did he viciously murder?

Thanks jlmurph!

BreedinBull said:
I don't watch baseball, so I gotta ask, whose family did he viciously murder?

Puig is just a showboater: that's all.

if your buy or dont buy line depends on the cover of the game and not the game itself, youve got issues.