By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What would happen if our Moon exploded?

Let's say a Comet fmashed into it, or an alien race with just enough technology to fly across the galaxy drilled a whole in the Darkside and dropped in a Mega Atomic bomb.

I can imagine that we would still have reflected light at night for many years, but eventually that would dissipate over 100's or even thousands of years.

What else would happen to our world?

What impact would this have on our Galaxy?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Clanger corpses and cheese everywhere.

]

Vikki said:

What is a clanger. I am pretty sure the moon is not made of cheese. But some know it all mod will probably come in here and say other wise!

:P

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

First thing that comes to mind is that tidal waves would be affected.

Ultravolt said:

And what do these waves actually do for Earth? I know they are important, but would it really be that bad of a thing to happen?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Vikki said:

What is a clanger. I am pretty sure the moon is not made of cheese. But some know it all mod will probably come in here and say other wise!

:P

Clangers were little creatures from a UK TV show called Clangers. They lived on the moon and communicated via whistles.

Vicious looking thugs if you ask me.

And of course it's made of cheese!

]

Vikki said:

Clangers were little creatures from a UK TV show called Clangers. They lived on the moon and communicated via whistles.

Lol! They look like Pig Mice.

spurgeonryan said:
Vikki said:

Lol! They look like Pig Mice.

Ikr, this show used to scare the piss out of me as a kid. 

]

spurgeonryan said:
Ultravolt said:

And what do these waves actually do for Earth? I know they are important, but would it really be that bad of a thing to happen?

Don't know what the waves themselves do for Earth, but i'm sure there's some kind of negative effect. I'll take that C- now!

Ummm.... the night's sky wouldn't look as pretty?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702