By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can everyone agree that White American police officers are above the law? - No indictment in Garner case......

KLAMarine said:
Materia-Blade said:

yeah, they "accidentaly" ganged up over the unnarmed man and kept on top of him

Police officers do this all the time: they will gang up on you and always seek to have the upper hand when engaging you as a suspect. I see nothing wrong with this.

Materia-Blade said:

while he said he couldnt breathe

I will concede that based on my limited knowledge of sequence of events, administration of first-aid was suspiciously slow after Brown became non-respondent. At the same time, I can't help but wonder what usual take-downs like these look like: are suspects always quiet when taken down like this? I don't know, I'm not a street cop.

Materia-Blade said:

total murder and all officers involved should be hanged do death.

I hope you are joking.

It wasn't the pile up it was the banned choke hold that contributed to his death. Tho I'm pretty sure the (highly unnecessary) pile up had a little to do with it as well... 

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:

of course I'm NOT joking. those people treat life so lowly, they must be punished.

So you're offended they treat life so lowly yet you are perfectly okay with hanging them? Not just the cop who performed the chokehold but those around him as well?

I am speechless.

DrDoomz said:

It wasn't the pile up it was the banned choke hold that contributed to his death. Tho I'm pretty sure the (highly unnecessary) pile up had a little to do with it as well...

So which was more responsible for Garner's death? The chokehold, the pile up, or Garner's pre-existing health problems?

KLAMarine said:
Materia-Blade said:

of course I'm NOT joking. those people treat life so lowly, they must be punished.

So you're offended they treat life so lowly yet you are perfectly okay with hanging them? Not just the cop who performed the chokehold but those around him as well?

I am speechless.

DrDoomz said:

So which was more responsible for Garner's death? The chokehold, the pile up, or Garner's pre-existing health problems?

Coroner ruled it a homicide, so it doesn't sound very pre-existing to me. Unless you're saying it's his fault for being arrested while fat?

KLAMarine said:
Materia-Blade said:

I am speechless.

DrDoomz said:

"The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide, citing both the choke hold and the force applied to Garner’s chest. A history of asthma and high blood pressure made Garner especially vulnerable. Choke holds have been banned by the NYPD since 1993, according to a variety of news outlets."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/12/04/understanding-eric-garner-death-and-grand-jury-decision/s9uQPMvcKPD2mAmFy2ln9J/story.html

Seems that way, doesn't it?

Around the Network
DrDoomz said:

Coroner ruled it a homicide, so it doesn't sound very pre-existing to me. Unless you're saying it's his fault for being arrested while fat?

It doesn't sound pre-existing to you? So then what was it? Post-existing? Current-existing? Was Garner free of any health ailments and the arrest gave him asthma, obesity, and heart/blood pressure problems?

It undeniably aggravated the health problems but were officers aware of Garner's immediate health problems? I'm going to wager a 'no'.

ZombieJesus said:

"The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide, citing both the choke hold and the force applied to Garner’s chest. A history of asthma and high blood pressure made Garner especially vulnerable. Choke holds have been banned by the NYPD since 1993, according to a variety of news outlets."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/12/04/understanding-eric-garner-death-and-grand-jury-decision/s9uQPMvcKPD2mAmFy2ln9J/story.html

How convenient you did not include the text immediately following: "Just because Garner’s death was ruled a homicide doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a crime. It’s up to detectives, prosecutors, judges, and jurors to make the complex decision about whether a case like this should be brought to trial and, ultimately, what the punishment should be."

Police officers seem to be out of control and protected by the government. I really hope this doesn't become a crazed police state because it certainly will lead to civil war II.

iamserious said:

Police officers seem to be out of control and protected by the government. I really hope this doesn't become a crazed police state because it certainly will lead to civil war II.

ruserious?

KLAMarine said:
DrDoomz said:

It doesn't sound pre-existing to you? So then what was it? Post-existing? Current-existing? Was Garner free of any health ailments and the arrest gave him asthma, obesity, and heart/blood pressure problems?

It undeniably aggravated the health problems but were officers aware of Garner's immediate health problems? I'm going to wager a 'no'.

Wow. You seemed to be determined to blame the victim here. Not really sure if there's any point talking to you....

Coroner > your opinion. Sticking with that, shaking my head and walking away before this gets retarded...

DrDoomz said:
KLAMarine said:
DrDoomz said:

Wow. You seemed to be determined to blame the victim here. Not really sure if there's any point talking to you....

Coroner > your opinion. Sticking with that, shaking my head and walking away before this gets retarded...

Funny, I don't recall blaming the victim. An accident by definition doesn't have active perpetrators.

Have a nice day.