By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

I don't understand the people who say perfect scores shouldn't be given to any game.

If certain scores aren't supposed to be given, why are they in the freaking scale? You sound like an idiotic university teacher.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@fkusumot:

So, disagreeing with a score given to a game is trolling now? I guess everyone is a troll, then, because we have all done before. Some people don't think Halo 3 deserved the high scores it got, but that doesn't make them trolls. It's called having an opinion, and that's something we all have. I don't have to agree with IGN's score.

Naznatipz has recently said that FFXII does not deserve the scores it got, and that he would not give more than a 6/10. Naznatipz is now a troll, right?

I don't think Wii Sports is a generation-defining game. Wii Fit will be better, and it will score higher.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I don't know if I can respect a man who doesn't know how to spell "Whopper".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Riot Of The Blood said:
@fkusumot:

So, disagreeing with a score given to a game is trolling now? I guess everyone is a troll, then, because we have all done before. Some people don't think Halo 3 deserved the high scores it got, but that doesn't make them trolls. It's called having an opinion, and that's something we all have. I don't have to agree with IGN's score.

Naznatipz has recently said that FFXII does not deserve the scores it got, and that he would not give more than a 6/10. Naznatipz is now a troll, right?

I don't think Wii Sports is a generation-defining game. Wii Fit will be better, and it will score higher.

Wait wait wait back up there...

I said I personally wouldn't review FFXII higher than a 6, but that's also a game that I've played and have formed my own opinions about.  It was an opinon, and I didn't say everyone else was wrong, just that I personally had a different opinion on the game.

You haven't played Brawl.  Your only opinions on the game come from your dislike of Nintendo this generation and your seemingly general negative bias towards anything that's popular... which I don't understand.  You're just as much of a follower for rejecting anything popular as you would be for accepting everything popular.  

Riot Of The Blood said:
fkusumot said:

Uhm, SSBB isn't a online shooting game. I see you're trying to defend your assertion about FPS's. So what is your beef with SSBB getting a 9.5... have you even played it yet?
Of course I have not played it; the game isn't even out yet.

As for my "beef" with the games score: 9.5 is a score you give to a monster game—a game that's so great it defines an entire generation. I'm talking about games like Super Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, or Resident Evil 4. Based on my prior experience with the Smash Brothers franchise, I simply can not put the game in that category. A 9.5 is, for me, probably what you would consider a 9.8-10 to be. I have my dooubts that this game is that good. That's all. I need to play it and see for my self.

I have not played a game for niether the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii that I would give a 9.5 to. Zelda Wii would be the closest thing, but it's a bit dated.
Um, wasn't SSB Melee one of the defining games of last gen? Maybe not for you, but certainly for everyone as a whole. GTA, Halo, SSBM, RE4. Maybe a couple others. Personally, I've never even played GTA3, but it would be pure foolishness to deny that the games were a collective juggernaut stomping through the entire PS2 era.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

@ Riot

That is perhaps the thing that bugs me most about society today. Every single opinion is as much worth. I mean come on, if you say that Manchester United is only good because they bought players, while Chelsea train them from ground up, you're wrong. But you know what? In todays society that is ok! Because it is just your opinion, and your opinion can't be wrong, can it? Of course it can!

And do you know what makes it even worse? What you do, as you haven't played Brawl, is the same as saying that (insert Cricket team) is a better team moraly than (insert cricket team), without reasoning, when you're from USA. (I'm assuming Americans are like Norwegians and know about nothing about cricket, I mean, I couldn't even name a cricket team)

Ok, enough metafors. Your opinion is LESS worth than other people here, because you haven't played the game, and probably not researched as much.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Well the game looks better than Melee, and probably is better, but the graphics... since when is a bad thing for the Wii having 480p 16:9 and @ full 60fps???

Is a trend?? Complain about the graphics??? If thats the case, why don't complain about the PS3 and 360 controls too???

Anyways, overall is a great score...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Look everybody. Let me put it to you like this. The game's a 10. I is played it. OK? Are we done now? You can compare it to HD graphics, but hey, I think every non-Wii game should have a max of 8.5 for gameplay since they use CAVEMAN CONTROL SCHEMES.

If you compare this to other fighting games, it's at least a 10. Nothing compares in terms of this many diverse fighting styles perfectly balanced and this amazing presentation. The only other fighting games with this many characters are crap like Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. The only other fighting games with this amazing presentation don't even exist yet. The bar has been raised, and IGN wasn't ready. Fuck 'em.

Did you guys watch the video review. How awful... "Wolf, Fox, and Falco are identical characters with identical Smashes" No, they have completely different Smashes and A moves. The only things that are even similar on them are their B moves and the Landmasters.

It does not matter if my opinion has less worth. It's my opinion, and it's not trolling. I clearly stated that I want to play the game and see for myself if it's a 9.5 game or not. I don't see what's wrong with that. I don't know anyone who agrees with every score given out by reviewers. Just because this game is Brawl doesn't mean I have to think it's a 9.5 game. I want to form my own opinion on the game.

@Naznatipz:

I don't reject everything that's popular. If I did, then Mario would not be my favorite game ever; I would not be waiting for Dragon Quest 9, one of the biggest RPG's this generation will see; and I would not love Pokemon and game like it so much. I didn't even express an opinion on the game itself, just the score given to it. Thus, I said:

"I'm going to be the judge myself. When I play this game come Sunday, I'll see how good this game really is. Untill then, however, I will remain skeptical."

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!