By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

Damn I predicted 9.8 .3 off :( ....oh well good score .

Around the Network

Bit surprised it *only* got a 9.5 actually - I thought the heaps of extra stuff would outweight the "imperfections" in all this extra stuff.

And I would have picked a 9-9.5 for gfx - not a 8.5!

Still, an excellent score - and I'll almost certainly pick it up... when it hits Australia :P
A press average of 9.9 (7 reviews) isn't sucky either - IGN must have been one of the lowest scores...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Ah, it's great when we're complaining that a 9.5 actually underscored a game, hehe.

Keep in mind SMG only got a 9.7 and its by far the most critically acclaimed game of this generation. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Faxanadu said:
TWRoO said:

Has no one noticed what they said in the first two lines?

"Super Smash Bros. Melee remains – easily -- GameCube's best-selling title."

well yes, they just aint got no clue. i mean Mario Kart.... 

Well, if you take only Japan, Mario Kart DD is at 890.000 where Melee is at 1.440.000, si it's easily

In America, it's closer 3.85 vs 4.06 milions.

But in Europe, Mario Kart DD almost sold twice more copies than Melee.

So the statement is true for Japan, and maybe for Japan + America.

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

I think its more likely a general assumption based on internet rhetoric.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

The review seems like a fairly succinct summary of everything we've seen in the Dojo updates. All the analysis, nitpicking, speculation and amazement wrapped up in one review. I didn't notice any references to the timed "demos" of the classic games, the mini-games or the RPG aspects but that's just more icing on the cake.

I would suppose if you've been following the Dojo updates then this is just confirmation that all that was promised has come to pass. Surely this is now the template for all epic, sprawling and yet polished and tightly designed fighting fighting games for some time to come. I look forward to playing against some of my fellow VGChartz members online. We who are about to Brawl salute you.

Now I'm almost jealous of you US guys! Only, not actually :) we still get WiiFit and Mario Kart early and they both should be just fine...

It seemed like they were nit picking there way though this review... Good score, none of the issues they brought up have ANY bearing with me however.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

i have a feeling they woulda rated it higher if it didn't have subspace mode... also, if was 1st in series as they were overhyped for this and it affected them

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
GhaudePhaede010 said:
They are not going to give a Wii game a 10. If this game does not deliver the "10" package, what game does? No Wii game should get a 10 from them in my opinion.

I was refering to the graphics score. I knew there wasn't a damn chance they'd give it a 10 overall.

I'd say the Wii's best looking games would be MP3, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB, yet none of them have gotten a 10 in graphics. That doesn't make sense. If these games feature the best graphics currently available for the Wii, shouldn't they receive the highest score? It's like they refuse to give them a 10 because they're not HD. Sooo, they're either:

A) Comparing Wii graphics to HD console graphics, which would be idiotic. Games should be scored in terms of their console's abilities. They don't dock points for HD console gameplay because it could work more intuitively on the Wii.

or

B) Judging the Wii's current graphics by some standard that hasn't been met yet, which would also be idiotic. They have no way of knowing what the Wii is capable of besides what's already been done. Therefore the current games with the best graphics should receive a 10 in that category.