By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

windbane said:

Oh, ok, so when you play Brawl all you see is Link. Gotcha.

How about showing a screenshot of gameplay, then.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various07.html

please know what you are talking about before making accusations

Around the Network

The youtube vid I posted on page 3 has tons of shots, though they are zoomed in. But who cares, the point is they zoom in on both Melee and Brawl so you can see the differences clearly.

Brawl looks great in the standard view, but to see just how much detail there is, you can zoom in when paused...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Either way the game will still own.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I'm just complaining about the lack of standardization. Not the score of the game itself. I have no doubt that the game will not be scored precisely to my tastes... it's ridiculous to assume that any game would ever get all the scores that you agreed with. I just want the site to show some consistency in their review system. Why is that so much to ask?

Yeesh. What's with all the bitching?

The game got a 9.5!

Higher than most games that come out these days. What the heck is wrong with a 9.5? OMG! The graphics *only* got an 8.5. But it didn't bring the 9.5 down, cause they don't average. They're saying the graphics arent bad, but the game is so good, it doesn't matter. That should be a testament to how great the game is.

Around the Network

Did you read the thread before posting DMeisterJ? -_-

windbane said:

I'm glad you have played it. I wonder how many others that are complaining have. I'll play it next week so I'll be able to compare then if I can borrow or rent Melee as well. If you have a screenshot of Melee that'd be nice. That screen looks nice.

I'm sure most people haven't played it, but I know at least a few (including Rubang) have.  A screen of Melee for you:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

IGN's videos are better quality than the Gametrailers or Youtube(obviously) Brawl videos.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@ Serious

lol. I did. And for this last page, everyone is complaining of the 8.5. And I'm not saying it deserves it, but the game did get a 9.5, which is pretty excellent.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Serious

lol. I did. And for this last page, everyone is complaining of the 8.5. And I'm not saying it deserves it, but the game did get a 9.5, which is pretty excellent.

Again, not complaining about the actual number of an 8.5, just the fact that they are lacking in standardization for their review scores.