By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I own a Wii U with over 50 games. AMA

alrightiwill said:
ninjapirate42 said:
SlayerRondo said:
Waiting for the price to go down significantly before purchase.

How low would you want it to go?

The $350 bundle with Smash, Mario Kart, 3d World and NintendoLand was a pretty good deal.

It's only a good deal if that's how much you value the games and the console. Like compare that to the 330 XBO. Games as well(whether as good or not is opinion, I'd prefer the Wii U games) but at least with the XBO you're gonna get great 3rd party support and games with a higher fidelty.

Like, if you look at November and October, including 3rd party games, the choice of a Wii U and XBO at the same price, IMO it's very hard to justify getting the Wii U.

It's hard justifying buying an XBO when you could have thousands upon thousands of PC games at your fingertips, fuck it all and just buy a PC then, I'm sure that sounds like a broken logic to you now as you come up with other excuses to say why you don't want a PC but the same exists for the 360 vs Wii U, not to mention, I'd go for a PS3 over the both of them if you really want to get into it, poor logic on your part.

Around the Network

BTW, buy Bayonetta 2 if you have a Wii U, the game is ridiculously bad and good at the same time, the good thing is gameplay is the good part and Japanese story lines never make sense anyways.

dahuman said:
alrightiwill said:
ninjapirate42 said:
SlayerRondo said:

The $350 bundle with Smash, Mario Kart, 3d World and NintendoLand was a pretty good deal.

It's only a good deal if that's how much you value the games and the console. Like compare that to the 330 XBO. Games as well(whether as good or not is opinion, I'd prefer the Wii U games) but at least with the XBO you're gonna get great 3rd party support and games with a higher fidelty.

Like, if you look at November and October, including 3rd party games, the choice of a Wii U and XBO at the same price, IMO it's very hard to justify getting the Wii U.

It's hard justifying buying an XBO when you could have thousands upon thousands of PC games at your fingertips, fuck it all and just buy a PC then, I'm sure that sounds like a broken logic to you now as you come up with other excuses to say why you don't want a PC but the same exists for the 360 vs Wii U, not to mention, I'd go for a PS3 over the both of them if you really want to get into it, poor logic on your part.

The reason why I brought up the XBO was as a price comparrsion point, they were similiar and are both current-gen consoles so they are directly competiting against each other. I have a PC and hundreds of Steam games. It's not poor logic, PCs and consoles don't really compete with each other. 

Also, it was a bit odd taking a 5 day old quote but yet ignoring another post of mine adding further information to what I meant to say:

alrightiwill said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Oh I know! I was just wondering what he would think is a good deal and if those would be games he would plan on getting the Wii U for.

I think it's a really nice deal, but like you said it depends on if you want those games and value it for that price.

I don't think that deal was available in Canada but my friend really wanted a Wii U and ended up getting a deal at Wal Mart with Mario Kart, NintendoLand and Wind Waker HD for $299.99 which is a pretty similar deal.

I actually made the mistake of quoting you when I meant to quote the person after you haha sorry! I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know value. I actually meant to reply to the other guy who basically said give up gaming if you weren't willing to buy a Wii U for 350 :/

FWIW I also think the deal is pretty solid!

alrightiwill said:
dahuman said:
alrightiwill said:
ninjapirate42 said:
SlayerRondo said:

The reason why I brought up the XBO was as a price comparrsion point, they were similiar and are both current-gen consoles so they are directly competiting against each other. I have a PC and hundreds of Steam games. It's not poor logic, PCs and consoles don't really compete with each other. 

Also, it was a bit odd taking a 5 day old quote but yet ignoring another post of mine adding further information to what I meant to say:

alrightiwill said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Oh I know! I was just wondering what he would think is a good deal and if those would be games he would plan on getting the Wii U for.

I think it's a really nice deal, but like you said it depends on if you want those games and value it for that price.

I don't think that deal was available in Canada but my friend really wanted a Wii U and ended up getting a deal at Wal Mart with Mario Kart, NintendoLand and Wind Waker HD for $299.99 which is a pretty similar deal.

I actually made the mistake of quoting you when I meant to quote the person after you haha sorry! I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know value. I actually meant to reply to the other guy who basically said give up gaming if you weren't willing to buy a Wii U for 350 :/

FWIW I also think the deal is pretty solid!

Doesn't make it any less broken since I can say Nintendo doesn't compete directly with MS or Sony based on their track record, it's all in how you spin it, not to mention, PS3 is a much better deal in the comparison according to the rules of the sandbox in your mind. In my mind, it always bogs down to which exclusive games you want to play on each console, not the amount of 3rd party games running at fucking below 30FPS and looks shittier since after all, I'm a PC gamer.