By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will MCC be the best Halo game once all the issues are fixed?

Will it?

Yes 52 39.39%

No 34 25.76%

Halo is meh 30 22.73%

See Results 16 12.12%

Total:132

Do you believe that MCC will be the top Halo game to own once 343 fixes all the issues? Personally, I think so. I blame them for messing up the launch, but it is much better today and gets better every week. Unlike certain games (Destiny, Unity) I think this is a very salvageable project. 

Should reviews also change to reflect improvement? Many reviewers changed their score when the online issues started, should those reviewers change back once they are completely fixed? I think that if you already changed once, you are obligated to change the score if it improves, but that's just me. The reviewers that waited have no obligations to change any review, but those that flip-flopped are obligated to continue to do so, imo.

I'm loving the collection, but that's just me. 

Edit: This is not counting Halo 5

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

It really does depend on how great or how bad Halo 5 will be but until then, I don't see why it wouldnt be!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yes..

Down play in 3...2...1..

I don't really know if it counts, that is like saying Mario All Stars is the best game in the original Mario trilogy

Miguel_Zorro said:
I'm not sure it fits within the ranking since it's just a high def remake of the other Halo games.

As for changing review scores, I partly agree and partly disagree. On one hand, it would be nice if scores reflected the game as currently available. However, keeping the scores the same creates an incentive for the developers to release a finished product with full testing before release.

I think that the reviewers who waited until the online part came out before giving a review should keep their review the same, but those that already were filp-flopping (Gamespot, Polygon) should have to swallow their pride and change the score, since they already pretty much said that they want the score to reflect the state of the game at the time.

It will teach them that reviewers shouldn't rush out scores until they have played all initial components of the game.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
It really does depend on how great or how bad Halo 5 will be but until then, I don't see why it wouldnt be!

Yeah, this isn't counting Halo 5, should have clarified that :P

I guess you could say that, but it's kind of cheating to call it the "best in the series" when it's a collection of four games.

Halo 1+2+3+4 is better than any one Halo game...okay...

Sort of redundant to say a collection is better than the sum of its parts.

It is like saying Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection is the best Metal Gear Solid game.....

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

no its not, halo reach is better than every mainline halo on its own, and i dont care if its hd or not, its not fair to judge an old game vs a fresh remade...